Twenty Two - You & I

Friday it was.

The day Finn and Millie had set their date up. The first actual one, in around seven months together.

Millie was excited to say the least. She had been to several dates during her life, but never with Finn. Her first love. The person that made her feel incredibly many emotions at the same time, every time she saw him.

She was pretty stubborn, just a little more than him. That's why their special night would be at her place, even though he was the one who asked her 'out' in the first place.

It was around eight. Millie was already preparing everything, she wanted every tiny thing to be perfect. She was not only stubborn, but a perfectionist.

She, herself, was already ready. She was wearing a navy blue and white dress, heels and a pair of  charming roundish pearl earrings. The cherry on top was that the magnificent dress she worn was, in fact, a gift from Finn for her birthday. The day she realized, that feelings can't hide themselves and  that you can't lie to your heart.

She was setting the final touches. Two glasses and a bucket filled with ice inside it: two bottles, rosé wine and half a bottle of champagne. Everything on top of the coffee table.

Right after that, she checked one more time on the speakers. She put on her soft romantic playlist. Every single song in there meant something to her, they were all good moments.

The girl looked at her wrist, where her digital watch was; 08:23. She sat on the baby blue, almost grayish, couch and poured to herself a little bit of the rosé liquid. She enjoyed her company for some time, while her date didn't arrive.

After about twenty five minutes, Millie heard a light knock on her door, followed by the ring of her doorbell.

She happily got up and walked towards her door. When she opened it, she saw the  figure she loved seeing.

"Hi!" She smiled, looking up at him.

"Hey." Finn smiled, lifting up her chin and kissing her quickly, the form his lips had the urge to say hello to hers.

He wasn't really fancy. No, not at all.
He was simply just Finn.
But that was more than okay to his beloved girlfriend.

"You look beautiful." He looked into her mesmerizing brown eyes. She just blushed as a response.
"I brought take out." The curly haired boy lifted a paper bag. "Not the usual food for a date night, however I know you're not a cook." He laughed. "It's gourmet though, it's a gourmet pizza." He joked faking a french accent.

Millie laughed. "Pizza is from Italy, you silly!"

"Oh sorry, gourmet pizza! Better now amore mio?" Finn said. Now with an Italian accent and gesticulating with his hands.

"Much better. Even more culturally!" She chuckled as she closed the door and he entered.

"I can't believe this is is our last Friday on summer break from work. I enjoyed it so much!" He said while he put the pizza box on the coffee table and sat.

"I know! September, here it is." She laughed and sat down next to him and connected her hand to his. Right before she served both of them, more wine.