Thirteen - Culture

"Mills!" A masculine voice yelled from the other side of the Italian door.

"Wait a minute." Millie ran, putting her robe on and, finally, opening the door.

"Hey Finn, what are you doing here?" She said, revealing a tall and curly headed figure standing at the door.

"Good morning. Just wanted to check on you and know how you're dealing with the breakup and everything." He said, smiling.

"I'm good." She looked down at her feet.

"I know you too well to know when you're feeling good or not, Millie." He said. "Can I enter?"

"Yes." She responded, looking up at him.

"Go take a shower." The boy demanded.

"Why? We don't have work today and I don't feel like going out." She said.

"Because, like I said before, I know you too well and I know how you lock yourself up when you're feeling down." Finn paused, "I can't let you stay home for weeks without doing nothing, so you're going out with me."

"No. I don't think it's a good idea. He posted about our breakup and people will think Im horrible and will look at me-" She was interrupted.

"Millie, you know you're not any of that crap. And it'll be fun I promise, it'll get your head out of all that story." He said, "We're going to the MOMA."

"To what?" She asked, frowning and furrowing her eyebrows.

"MOMA." He repeated and she stood there, still confused, no response. "The Museum of Modern Art." He explained.

She shaped her mouth into a big 'O'. "Oh, thanks for speaking english, now."

"C'mon we've been living here for two months, you gotta be a NYC girl now. No one says The Museum of Modern Art, not even tourists!" He said, "Now go take the goddam shower!" He chuckled, pushing her.

"Okay, alright. But, do I stink at any case?" She laughed, before entering the bathroom.

Never.

"Just go take the shower, Millie!" He bursted in laughter before sitting on the couch waiting for her.

——

"And, let's go! I just got to grab my purse." Millie exclaimed, picking up her white leather Gucci bag.

"Finally." Finn stood up and put his phone in his back pocket.

"What did you say?" She asked, chuckling.

"Fi-na-lly!" He spelled. "You take pretty long showers, you know. You're gonna end with the world's water one day."

"Hey!" She exclaimed, slapping his shoulder lightly as a joke.

"Am I lying?" He laughed and she looked straight at him with a fake annoyed face. "Okay, I'm sorry." He chuckled. "C'mon let's go."

The two friends took the elevator to the garage and walked towards Millie's black BMW 2 series.

"Hey what are you doing?" She asked, looking at Finn, who was entering the car and sitting on the driver's sit.