Fourteen - You're the one that I want

Finn:
open the door millie

Girl that takes long showers:
one second, ur so impatient
god

Finn:
i've been here for one minute already, what do you expect from me?
read

"Hey Finn." Millie smiled, opening the door and telling him to come in.

"You have no idea what I planned for today." He said, "Plus, I have chocolate." He handed her a red box of Lindt chocolates and her eyes lit up.

"Put those in the fridge." She said, jumping on the couch.

"Why?" He asked confused, but did what she told him to.

"Because it tastes better. Have you ever tasted frozen chocolate from your fridge? It's like the best, just like leftover cold pizza." She explained and turned on the TV.

"Okay, you're weird. And, what are you doing?" He asked, "Get up."

"Finn it's been more than a week. You don't have to hang out with me anymore and," She paused, looking at the ceiling. "I think it's better if I don't go out today."

Yeah, it had been a little bit more than a week, almost two, since Aidan and Millie's breakup. And Finn wanted to cheer her up and do everything he could. He had been there every single morning since the first day after the breakup.

In his head it was too soon to make a move yet. But at least he could cheer up a friend right? And also spend quality time with the most beautiful girl in the whole world, specially if that meant making her happy.

"Yeah," He sat down next to her. "I saw what happened." And faced her. "You can talk to me if you want to, okay? And also, don't surrender to these things, let's just go out. Remember how it took your mind off everything the first time?"

"Yeah. B-but it's different now. It's not just a public breakup. He made me look like a bitch. Like a fucking bitch, Finn. Beside the fact that he lied and you know I hate liars. I just keep wondering about what people will think, I know I shouldn't but I can't help it." She sighed loudly.

"Mills, listen to me. I think you should go. I swear we'd have fun just like when we went to the MOMA and to the Times Square. I won't force you to go anywhere, I just think it will make you feel better." He said.

"You're probably already sick of hanging out with me everyday, though." She mouthed to herself, laughing and thinking he hadn't heard it. But yeah, he did.

How could he be sick of her?

But as much as he disclaimed that affirmation inside his head, that was how she felt. She wasn't an insecure person. No, not at all. But emotional? Yes. Whenever she was down, things spread up really quickly and they came with a bunch of other things. Like, for example, the need to eat an incredible amount of sweets and an unusual insecurity.

"Okay, let's go. I accept it." She chuckled a bit before standing up. "I'm just gonna get changed, give me ten minutes."

——

"You're gonna love it. Because if you don't, I won't be the one to kick your ass." Finn said, sitting on their two seats in a completely world known theater.