Six - Pay attention

The break was over, all of them were back to work and back in New York, the city that never sleeps.

In that beautiful snowy morning Millie woke up, got changed and hopped in her car to get a decent cup of coffee. She decided she was going to move that day, and no one could stop her, she was sick of living in a hotel room.

She arrived at the cafe, ordered a latte and a ham and cheese croissant, she ate quite quickly, because as usual she was, let's say, not early.

She arrived on set, and surprisingly she was almost the only one there.
So, Millie picked up the book she was reading 'The notebook'. Not a new story though, she had read it thousands and thousands of times but it was still one of her favorites, and as she called: 'a classic!'
She found the story beautiful and she was magnified with how Allie and Noah's love was impossible to break and how it lasted forever. (A/n: great book btw)

After about 40 minutes, in which she had probably read 20 pages, someone entered the trailer. She didn't mind checking it out, she didn't want to stop reading her book and pausing that little peaceful moment of hers.

It was Finn. He arrived and was going to the main trailer to get a cookie to eat with the coffee he bought on the way there. He even opened his mouth to ask her to come, but he couldn't talk. He couldn't break her moment. And for a quarter of a second he thought of his grandpa's words and, I mean, he wouldn't have fallen for her, would he? So he just thought why not? And he did it.

He finally paid attention.

He paid attention to the way she put a strand of hair behind her ears every damn time she read something cute, with a little smile she tried to hide. He also looked at the way she made faces while moving the pages, trying to recreate the characters feelings and expressions.
He paid attention to the book she was reading, the same he was sure he had seen in her hands when she fourteen on set. What did she like that much about it?

And without even noticing: boom! More 20 minutes had passed and he couldn't stop staring at her beauty. Until she broke the silence.

"Finn, were you there all this time?" Millie asked sweetly.

"Uh, yeah, yeah.. I was tired and.. I was resting here a bit." He said, not lying, at least at his point of view, because he was too proud to admit anything, ever.
"I-I was going to grab a cookie by the way, d-do you want something?" He asked, still nervous, getting up from the chair.

"A cup of coffee, but only if you don't mind." She said, moving to another page.

"It's okay." He left her there, in her comforting and peaceful silence, the one she loved.

-

It had been a stressful day of work. They filmed their last scene at around 10 pm until they got dispensed for the day.

Millie picked up her bag and coat ready to leave but then realized a frozen Finn on his phone, sitting on the couch of the trailer without moving, no signs of leaving the place.

"Aren't you going home?" She asked curiously.

"I actually wanted to. More than 13.000 fucking cabs in the whole city, but apparently none's available for Mr. Finn Wolfhard." He sighed.

"Do you want a ride?" She asked without hesitating.

"That would be cool. Thanks Millie! I don't know how to thank you though." He said grabbing his things ready to go.

"I might want something in return." She chuckled.

"What the fuck are you going to do? It's 10:30pm." Finn asked, trying to figure that out.

"I have to run some errands. And I might need extra strength for that." She laughed and he kept trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

"C'mon!" Millie said and they left the trailer.

-

"Um, Millie. Where are we?" Finn asked confused.

"We are," - She paused putting the key in the door - "In my apartment." She smiled proudly, finally opening the door.

"This place is sick!" Finn looked around, his mouth shaped into a 'wow'.

"Thank you. It actually is!" Millie smiled.
"And, can you see this boxes? I kinda need your help to unbox this stuff." She chuckled.

"Are you serious?" He laughed.

"Indeed I am" She smiled.

"Okaaayyy." He agreed, still complaining.

They started unboxing, one box at a time. And they put everything in their respective places.
Finn had now a box written 'fragile/important' with a purple sharpie.
He opened and was shocked, completely shocked, in a happy way.

"Millie!" He exclaimed.

"Yes." She responded organizing the last clothes of her last box.

"I didn't know you had a vinyl collection. This whole thing is a treasure." Finn said with bright eyes.

"I can see your eyes shining from here, stop it, i'm gonna get blind." Millie laughed lightly.

"Ha ha, Funny." He rolled his eyes.

"You have 'Combat Rock' by The clash, the original version from 1982!" He exclaimed happily.

"I might or might not have got this from set, back in Stranger Things, more specifically Will's room." She chuckled.

"No way!" He laughed.

"You can keep it. One more for your collection." She said.

"Really? Thank you so much!"

They kept talking while setting things in the apartment and without even noticing, time flew. It was already 1:45 in the morning.

"Oh my god! It's 1:45. I am so sorry Finn, I shouldn't have kept you here." She said ready to leave and take him home.

"No, it's okay. At least you can live here now." He laughed and yawned.

"You really are tired." She smiled. "You can stay in the guest room if you want, it has a bed now, thanks to you."

"Thanks. Goodnight then."
He said going to the room he was going to spend the night.

"Goodnight, Finn."

Finn didn't know what was going on, at all.
He felt different, really different.
Weird, but not badly.
He felt that way since their trip to Canada was over, but it increased today.
This strange feeling was taking control of him, every second a little bit more.