Twenty Four - Cookies

It had finally came, the awaited weekend.
Millie had been counting the days since the beginning of the week. She was super excited for their little getaway.

"Angel, have you seen my salmon sweater?" Finn yelled from the living room.

"Not really." She answered "Do you need help looking for it?"

"Yeah that would be great!" He responded still from the other room.

She got out of her bedroom and walked towards his voice. "Have you tried the summer box?" Mills asked "You might have put it there by accident."

"True." He started looking for it, trough the big mess of boxes. Who would've thought moving in together would bring also such a mess? "You were right! Found it!"

"Are you done with packing?" She asked.

"Yeah, I just gotta put this is my bag and then it's done." He answered, getting up with the piece of clothing in his hands.

"Good. We gotta leave in twenty minutes or we'll loose our flight." She remarked, brushing her short caramel hair.

"Okay, honey." He kissed her cheek. "Don't forget that we need to organize this when we get back, please. It's driving me fucking crazy."

She just chuckled at him. Adorable.
His sense of organization was just adorable.

After arriving in Canadian territory, they drove for about forty minutes and arrived at the little small house they loved.

After knocking on the door a few times, the caring and smiling old man appended it.

"Hi grandpa!" Finn opened the biggest smile on his face.

"Hi Joseph!" Millie giggled happily at the elder man.

"What an amazing surprise!" Joseph exclaimed in pure amazement. "Come inside!"

The atmosphere was the same, still the old cozy house they had visited together a few months ago.

The couple slowly sat on the big green couch next to the shelf full of books.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" The man sat next to them. "At least I have some cookies in the oven."

"It was kind of a fast decision." Finn answered.

"What bring you two here? Are you promoting the movie or something?" Joseph asked curiously.

"No, just visiting the fam." The grandson responded.

"That's cool." He opened a smile. "Do you need a place to stay? Or are you enjoying this time to just getaway together."

"H-how did you know about us being together. We haven't told you yet." Finn laughed amazed.

"Oh, son. I told you the first time you came here together, remember?" The grandfather said, bringing back memories from the days they weren't together. "I knew it was gonna happen."

"You're wise." Millie stated.

"Years and years of wisdom. Everyone my age's got to be at least a little bit smart." He laughed. "But this time it was pure intuition. I just knew that the next time you walked through that door, you would have found your love to each other."