25| sleepover

"With you, I feel a comfort I have never felt before." - Komal Koopar

   From Ian's bed that was on the opposite side of his apartment as his kitchenette, I watched as he moved around without his shirt on, cooking breakfast for us. I've told him that cooking shirtless is dangerous, but he says he "does what he has to for his audience," aka me. He's such a goon.

   I pulled his blankets tighter around me considering my body was previously depending on Ian's for warmth. Now that he's up and moving around, I'm cold.

   "You look like a burrito," Ian chuckled when he stopped cooking for a second to look over at me.

   Being half naked in a bed alone is not the easiest way to stay warm. I've got to get my heat from something; if that's means wrapping myself tightly in blankets to resemble a burrito, then so be it.

   "F off," I murmured. I wiggled around so I was on my stomach and my face was buried in my pillow. I couldn't help the embarrassing squeal the escaped when I felt an immense amount of weight on top of me that rolled next to me, creating a dip in the bed.

   "Hi, beautiful, you come here often?"

   I picked my head up off the pillow to look at Ian with a playful grimace. We both know that I am so far from looking beautiful right now. I woke up 15 minutes ago and I have not moved, meaning my hair is a huge rats nest, my breath smells terrible, and I'm not even dressed.

   "Not for long," I teased. When he pretended to pout, I leaned forward and kissed the tip of his nose sweetly. "Kidding, love. Let's go eat some eggs."

   I jumped up from bed, scurrying over to Ian's closet to claim a new hoodie to wear. I have to have at least 3 hoodies and 4 t-shirts of his at this point.

   "That's my favorite hoodie, Jos, I want it back."

   "Your favorite hoodie on your favorite girl," I winked, striking a pose in it to model for him.

   Ian chuckled and came over to kiss me. "You're lucky I love you."

   I know I am.

   We sat down at his small, wooden round table across from each other, each with a plate of scrambled eggs. Ian drowned his in ketchup like he has always done while I ate mine plain. I used to eat them with a little bit of ketchup, but after continuously watching Ian basically eat a bottle of ketchup with a side of eggs, it made me sick.

   "What time do you work today?"

   "10 to 8," I groaned. Kelly begged me to cover her shift because her boyfriend is "going through it" as she put it. I felt bad, so I agreed. Naturally, my 10 to 3 shift turned to 10 to 8. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get out early.

   Ian glanced at the clock and frowned. It's only 8 now, but I stupidly didn't bring any work clothes and I still need to shower before I head to work.

   "When do you work today?"

   "5 to close. I have to help Mr. Westchester with some stuff." So basically I won't be seeing Ian for the rest of the day, which is kind of sad. I'm so used to seeing so much of him all of the time; most people would say "it makes me wonder how I ever got by without him," but for me, it just makes me remember how I barely did.

  I'm mentally, emotionally, and physically attached to him; it's borderline unhealthy.

   "You should move in with me," Ian blurted out. I stopped eating, slowly lowering my fork onto my plate to look at him. He bit his lip, realizing how anti-precautionary his proposal was. "Let me try that again." He cleared his throat, setting his fork down too. "Josie, I would love it if you moved in with me because I truly love spending as much time with you as possible. I love falling asleep next time you every night, and waking up every morning to see your beautiful bedhead. I want us to finally share a home." That was a much better proposal than his impromptu one. How could I say no?