33| beautiful

"I wish you could see yourself the way I see you, that way you'd never doubt yourself." - Unknown.

*5 years ago*

   A huge plus to working at Westchester and being a trusted employee is that Mr. W doesn't mind if we attend the parties he hosts. The Fourth of July is always a more lenient holiday, but he's more strict on New Year's Eve when it comes to drinking. He made us swear we'd stay sober while on his beach tonight, which we did.

   Drinking is fun, but we don't need to drink to have fun. We have enough fun on our own.

   "Are you ready?" Ian groaned from outside my bedroom. Anthony was out doing God knows what, probably pregaming before going to Westchester and my parents were headed into the city for a public viewing of the ball drop with some of their friends.

   Most couples would take advantage of this opportunity, being home alone and all, but i was not having it today. I was literally making Ian sit outside of my room while I got ready to go.

   "Fine," I replied back. My outfit was rather simple for the evening — a simple light pink tube top and black leggings. I straightened my hair and put a ponytail on my wrist in case I got tired of having my hair down.

   I opened the door and revealed myself to Ian. He totally could've gone and sat in the living room or something, but he really just stayed sitting on the floor against the wall across from my bedroom.

   He stood up and stepped toward me, pressing a kiss to my cheek. "You look gorgeous, baby."

   I guess you could say I've just been in a mood all day. It's just been one of those days where I've not been particularly feeling myself, so I was not looking forward to trying to look cute. I most definitely did not want to undress in front of Ian either, hence why he sat outside of my bedroom.

   I pulled away from Ian and looked up at the ceiling to hold back my tears. Aunt flow has got to be on her way to town because I'm almost never like this.

   "Hey," Ian grabbed my hand and began stroking his thumb on my palm.

   "Stop, I just did my makeup." I did not want to cry right now.

   "No, you stop." He pulled me away from my door and over to my vanity mirror that I just spent the past hour sitting in front of to get ready for the evening. "Look at yourself."

   Hesitantly, I did.

"Look at you. You're beautiful. I love your blonde hair, your toned skin, your dark blue eyes, your cute nose... I love your legs and your cute butt..." he winked at me through the mirror. "Your gorgeous smile that dealt with braces for three years is enough to light up the whole city of Miami."

I stopped looking at my reflection and turned to face Ian.

"And don't even get me started on your personality. As beautiful as you are physically, your beautiful personality is what made it so easy for me to fall in love with you."

"I love you." I murmured, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Let's have fun tonight, okay?"

"Sounds great." Ian pecked my lips then we left my empty house behind to go to Westchester.

~•~

Westchester was straight up bumping when Ian and I pulled up. We had to park in the furthest parking spot known to man. Luckily, Mr. Westchester himself was working the front for admissions when we walked up, so we didn't have to get IDed or interrogated.