2

"Sweetie why are you so heavy?" Jungeun said to space.

Her and Yerim have finally arrived home and since Yerim passed out on the bus, Jungeun carried her all the way to their apartment .

Jungeun went inside Yerim's bedroom with a sleeping Yerim in her arms and laid her down on her bed. Not forgetting to pull the blanket towards her daughter's body and kissed her forehead lovingly before making her way out of the room.

She closed the door while making sure it doesn't make any noise.

It was silent for awhile until she heard the bell ringing.

Who could it be?

Jungeun (who was upstairs) rushed down the stairs to open the front door.

She was met with a smiley brunette (and slightly shorter) woman. It was her friend Kim Jiwoo.

Jungeun shared a smile with her before hugging and letting her in.

"Heyyy. What brings you all the way here?" Jungeun asked.

"I'm not allowed to just come to my best friend's house for no reason now? Some friend you are Jungeun," Jiwoo replied sassily.

Jungeun chuckled at that. She didn't know her little friend could be sassy like that.

Jungeun and Jiwoo then went ahead to the living room.

"I was joking Jiwoo. Learn how to take a fucking joke, jeez," Jungeun told Jiwoo as the both of them sat down on the sofa.

Jiwoo then fake gasped at Jungeun's foul language.

"The swear jar Jungeunnie!"

"Oh shut up Yerim's asleep," Jungeun said followed with an eye roll.

Jiwoo giggled at that. She knew Jungeun hated having to put money in said jar.

"Anyways... How are you doing? I heard you and Sooyoung adopted a child," Jungeun asked trying to start a conversation.

Jiwoo smiled after the mention of her wife's name (whipped).

"We did. We did adopted a little girl," Jiwoo answered while smiling.

"I feel like I'm truly living the married life now. Having an amazing wife. And a daughter. It just- it feels surreal," she continued while saying it in an imaginary tone.

Jungeun smiled fondly at her friend. She was truly happy for Jiwoo.

"I'm happy for you Jiwoo. I really am. Having a child, it's a huge responsibility, trust me I would know. But I know you, and I know that you're a responsible person. I know you'll do great Jiwoo," Jungeun told Jiwoo as she put her hand on Jiwoo's shoulder.

Jiwoo the pulled Jungeun in for a hug. She's glad she had Jungeun. She couldn't ask for a better friend than her.

"Thank you. For always being there for me," Jiwoo said as the two of them pulled away from each other.

Jungeun used her hand to ruffle Jiwoo's hair. Even though they were same aged friends, Jungeun often treat Jiwoo like her child.

"You're welcome. And you know you can always come to me if you need anything, okay?"

Jiwoo nodded.

"Okay. Enough about me. Let's talk about you," Jiwoo said.

"Me?"

"Yeah. You."

"Well... What about me?" Jungeun asked.

Jiwoo thought about what to ask her friend. Then she finally came up with what to ask her.