9

Jungeun was worried.

She had been trying to get in contact with Jinsoul for the past few hours and there was no response.

The two were supposed to go on a date today, but with Jinsoul's mini disappereance, she knew she had to cancel the plans they had.

Jungeun sighed as she plopped down on her couch. The brunette shut her eyes before opening it again when she heard a knock on her door.

"Who in the hell?" she lazily said as she opened the door. 

It was Jiwoo and she was not looking her best.

"Jiwoo what happened? What happened to your face? Why- Why is it bruised? Who hurt you?!" Jungeun asked worrily.

Jiwoo sniffled.

"I- It was-"

"Easy there. Take your time, tell me what happened," Jungeun said as she sat her down on the couch with herself following suit.

"J-J-Jinsoul," she muttered.

Jungeun's eye widened. She did not just hear that.

"What do you mean Jinsoul? Did something happen to both of you?" Jungeun asked trying to sound as calm as possible.

She was now worried about her girlfriend.

"She, she did this Jungeun, your girlfriend," Jiwoo cried aloud.

Jungeun didn't want to believe that. Jinsoul would never do that, she can't even hurt a fly for God's sakes!

Jungeun shook her head at what Jiwoo said.

"No. No, Jiwoo. Jinsoul would never do that. Don't make shit up," she told the shorter girl a little angrily.

Jiwoo scoffed at that, still wiping tears from her eyes.

"Of course you'd say that. She's your girlfriend after all. And I'm just your friend," she said sadly.

Jungeun sighed.

"It's not like that Jiwoo. It's just..."

"It's just what?"

"It's just, not like Jinsoul to do that, and she would never do that you know? She has a great heart and she knows how much you mean to me," Jungeun explained.

Jiwoo stared at her best friend with teary eyes.

"Jungeun you weren't even there when it happened," she said sounding defeated.

"But it's not like you're gonna care anyways, you'll obviously trust her more than me-"

"No, Jiwoo. I, I trust you, okay? You're my best friend and I trust you, alright?" Jungeun told her as she held Jiwoo's hand.

"Will you tell me what happened?" Jungeun asked again.

Jiwoo breathed out before responding to Jungeun.

"Earlier, I invited her to a restaurant to talk about something important. But well, shit happens and well we argued a little. Next thing I know I had a bruise on my face," Jiwoo told her.

Jungeun cannot believe what she just heard. As much as she wanted to not believe Jiwoo's story, she wasn't there to witness the whole situation with her own eyes, so she didn't know who to trust.

"Why? Why did that happen?" Jungeun asked.

"You know how I found out Sooyoung cheated on me?" Jiwoo said.

Jungeun nodded.

"Turns out the mistress was Jinsoul. My mother caught them in me and Sooyoung's bed one day, no clothing whatsoever, and then all hell broke loose," she continued.

Jungeun's eyes widened in shock.

"Why does this make me think about the one friend Jinsoul had a fwb relationship with? Shit, what if it was?" Jungeun thought.

"T-then what happened?" Jungeun stuttered out.

Jiwoo sighed.

"I talked to her about it and well, she hated the fact that I accused her of being someone's mistress when in reality she was a mistress, fucking bitch," Jiwoo said, mumbling the last two words.

"She, um, she dragged me out of the restaurant and well, the rest is history," she continued while shrugging lazily.

Jungeun was now confused.

Who to trust? Her best friend or her girlfriend?

"Listen," Jiwoo said as she placed a hand on Jungeun's shoulder.

"You don't have to believe anything I say-"

"No, I believe you," Jungeun said even though that wasn't the full truth.

"Oh? You do?"

"Yeah. You're my friend. Almost like a sister too. How can I not believe you?" Jungeun said as she blankly stared at anything that wasn't Jiwoo.

Jiwoo smiled at that.

"Thanks. It means a lot."

Jungeun nodded while smiling back at Jiwoo.

The two went in for a hug before releasing again.

"Do you mind if I stay the night? Sooyoung moved out and I'm all alone," Jiwoo asked with puppy eyes.

Jungeun sighed. She really can't be mad at her little friend.

"Sure. Why not?" Jungeun replied.

Jiwoo squealed at the older girl's response.

"Go ahead, I'll be cleaning the kitchen if you need me," Jungeun told her.

Jiwoo then went upstairs to the guest room.

Once Jiwoo was upstairs, Jungeun went to the kitchen and drank from the bottle of wine that was placed on the counter since God knows when.

She groaned as she felt the alcohol kick in.

"9 percent alcohol, Jesus," she said as she read the back of the wine bottle.

She felt her head pound but luckily her vision was still clear and she still had balance.

Jungeun then heard a 'ding' noise coming from her phone, signaling someone just texted her.

Jungeun was surprised when she found out it was Jinsoul texting her.

"Finally," she said as she opened the messenger app.

jinsoulie 💙
>hey
>i know it's late but
>i just wanna say i'm sorry for
bailing on you last minute
>didn't mean to :(
>also, can we talk?
>tomorrow i mean, it's late rn lmao

k.jungeun
>nah it's fine
>also you owe me a date lmao
>yeah sure,you can come over tomorrow and we can talk
>i have something i wanna talk to you about as well

jinsoulie 💙
>oh? really?
>uh,, okay then
>see you tomorrow?

k.jungeun
>yeah,, see you tomorrow
>gn, ily 💙
read 23:53

Huh? Strange. Jinsoul would always reply with an I love you too whenever Jungeun sends that.

"Maybe she's just tired. She had college then work then meeting Jiwoo at night, must've been a tiring day for her," Jungeun said to herself while trying to keep a positive mindset.

She can't wait to meet Jinsoul tomorrow.

-
double update to make up for the lack of chapters yayyyyyyy!!!!

also, what's up with jiwoo and lipsoul? 👀

we may never know ;)

also, i was thinking of making a sequel/spinoff with the kids as teenagers, what do you guys think of that idea?

anyways, goodnight yalls <3