13

Time heals they say. But maybe that doesn't apply in Jinsoul's case.

Was she still sad over the breakup? Yes. Was she over Jungeun? She's working on it, but no, cause how does one get over a woman like Kim Jungeun?

It's been a month since their breakup but signs of Jinsoul moving on from her ex-lover was even more nonexistent than her heterosexuality.

She's tried everything. From dating other people, busying herself with work and college, hell she even tried hooking up with other people just to get over Jungeun.

But somehow none of them work. Whatever she does, she gets reminded of Jungeun.

"Whyyyy?" Jinsoul whined while laying on her bed.

She pouted in frustration.

"Why is it so hard to get over you?!" she whisper-yelled into her pillow.

Jinsoul wanted to yell out all her frustrations.

Suddenly a knock was heard. She had guests? So early in the morning?

She then got up from her bed to open the front door. Jinsoul was more or less surprised to see the woman standing outside her house.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Can't I visit my best friend once in a while?" the woman responded.

It was Sooyoung. Jinsoul's confused. They haven't spoken in weeks and now Sooyoung's here?

Sooyoung walked past Jinsoul into the younger's house without asking Jinsoul if she could enter her place.

The older, who apparently cut her hair short after their last meeting with one another, plopped down onto the couch.

"I didn't even say whether or not it's fine for you to come in," Jinsoul told her while crossing her arms.

Sooyoung just looked at Jinsoul with a plain face while Jinsoul was having a hard time trying not to roll her eyes at Sooyoung.

"You're already inside anyways so what's the point?" she added before sitting next to Sooyoung on her couch.

"So what's up?" Jinsoul asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Nothing much. Just went through a divorce, nothing huge you could say," Sooyoung responded nonchalantly.

When Sooyoung mentioned her divorce, Jinsoul can't help but ask herself on wether or not she was the cause of it.

She never meant to be a home-wrecker. Nor did she ever plan to steal Sooyoung from her wife.

"Before you blame yourself, it's not on you. It's on both me and my ex-wife," the older reassured.

It's as if Sooyoung could read her thoughts.

"I didn't marry Jiwoo out of love which was a terrible decision you could say."

Jinsoul was now invested in what Sooyoung had to tell her.

"She was, to simplify it, obsessed with me. Practically begged her mother to arrange a marriage with me while she knew I was already in a relationship with someone at the time," she explained.

Sooyoung sighed before continuing.

"My parents agreed to it without my consent which angered me at first. But then they told me to just get on with it and at least try to care for her. And I was like, 'Okay. I can do that, I guess?'"