12

before we start i just wanna say thank you so much for 13k reads! it means a lot to me, and thanks to everyone who's been patient enough waiting for me to update once a month lmao,, once again thank you <333!

-

The ride to the orphanage wasn't what Jungeun had imagined. She imagined it would be filled with awkward silence.

But instead Yerim and Jungeun were conversing like how they normally would whenever Jungeun takes or picks her up from preschool.

It's like whatever happened this morning never happened.

It's like Yerim never said she hated Jungeun.

"Are we there yet?" Yerim asked for the nth time.

"We're almost there don't worry," Jungeun replied, eyes still focused on the road.

Once they arrived at the orphanage, Jungeun got out of the car first before helping Yerim. The two then walked hand in hand.

On the other hand, Yerim can't help but be curious on why they were in front of Hyunjin and Hyejoo's house.

"Do my sisters live with Jinnie and Hyejoo?" Yerim asked.

Jungeun smiled in response.

"You'll see," she said before knocking on the door.

She expected to see Haseul opening the door for them, turns out it was Hyejoo.

"Hello?" the little girl dressed in all black said.

"Hey Hyejoo. Can we come in?" Jungeun asked.

Hyejoo only opened the door wider for them and the mother-daughter duo went inside the house.

"Are Haseul and Kahei home?" Jungeun asked while sitting down on the couch.

Hyejoo nodded.

"They're upstairs. I'll call them," the little girl said.

Yerim was still confused.

"Are my sisters Ms. Haseul and Ms. Kahei's kids?" Yerim thought.

A few minutes later, Hyejoo was back in the living room with Haseul, Kahei, and Hyunjin. Jungeun almost forgot about the bread-addicted girl.

"Jungeun? What brings you here at this hour?" Kahei asked.

Jungeun then stood up.

"Can the three of us talk about this, y'know, in another room?" Jungeun asked quietly so the kids won't hear what she just said, luckily the three kids were too busy chatting to hear what Jungeun said.

Haseul nodded before leading her wife and Jungeun to the dining room which was still close to the living room.

Once in the dining room Jungeun spoke up.

"I've think this through, and I'm thinking about adopting the twins," she said.

                                 🌟🌟🌟

"So you have two sisters you never met? Wow, that's cool!" Hyunjin said.

"Yeah. Mommy said they live here, but who could it be?" Yerim told her friends.

The three girls discussed on who could be Yerim's long lost sisters.

"Oh! Maybe it's Kim Chaewon and that Aussie dude!" Hyejoo said with excitement.

Hyunjin hit the back of her twin's head jokingly.

"Felix is a boy, Olivia. Don't play dumb you're embarrassing me," Hyunjin told her in the most lowkey dramatic manner.

"Olivia? Haven't heard that nickname in a while," Yerim said out of the blue.

"ANYWAYS! Let's get back to our topic shall we?" Hyejoo said.

The three then get back to discussing.

It can't be Heejin. She has her own family.

It can't be Yeojin. She has no resemblance of Yerim whatsoever.

Yerim was glad Yeojin and her weren't related. Although she doesn't know why.

"So who could it be?" Yerim said thinking out loud while placing a finger on her forehead.

The three adults got back in the living room.

"Girls. We have an announcement," Kahei said.

"Actually it's only Jungeun who has an announcement, so, she has an announcement," Haseul told them.

"Shut up Haseul. Let the woman speak."

Jungeun looked at the two wives in amusement. It was fun watching a married couple banter about literally anything.

"Alright so here's the announcement," Jungeun started.

She breathed in and out before continuing.

"I'll be taking Yerim's sisters home tonight to live with us," she continued.

Yerim was still confused on who her sisters are.

"Who are they mommy?" Yerim asked as she walked towards Jungeun.

Jungeun smiled briefly before lowering herself to whisper the answer on Yerim's ear.

"The twins," she softly said.

Yerim widened her eyes in surprise before looking back at her friends— no, sisters.

"Them?" Yerim said confused.

"Us?" the twins said with the same amount of confusion while pointing at themselves.

Yerim looked back at her mom, eyes still wide, waiting for a confirmation.

Jungeun nodded at her.

"They're your sisters Yerimmie," she told her.

The little girl smiled widely at that before hugging her sisters.

Hyunjin and Hyejoo can't help but hug Yerim back. They're so happy.

Jungeun couldn't hide the smile on her face. She was happy for them.

Although there's a part of her that wishes she knew they were the two other girls mentioned on the letter, maybe then she would've brought the twins home earlier.

Haseul and Kahei on the other side were also happy that the twins are finally going to have a better and happier life now that they're adopted by Jungeun. But a part of them are a little bit sad that they have to let go of the two girls they think of as their daughters.

They'll get over their sadness though.

Once the girls finished hugging, they faced Jungeun.

Yerim walked up to her mom and held her hand before speaking.

"Let's go home?"

Jungeun softly chuckled at that.

"Let's go home."

-
can't believe i started virgin mom on kim lip's birthday last year and even a year later i still haven't finished this book sjsjsjsjjsjsjsj

anyways!!

don't forget to stream loona's comeback!

(( yes i love whamen ))