+4

— Hyunjin, age 15

Hyunjin was ready for high school. She knew her problems will be bigger and her education level will be tougher, but life is all about challenges, and Hyunjin loves challenges.

The first few days was fun. The first few weeks was slightly tiring. The first few months was already exhausting.

But Hyunjin went through it all with a smile on her face. She was lucky she had people she loved around her. She had her sisters Hyejoo and Yerim, she had Heejin, and she had her new group of friends that she made during orientation week.

To describe what Hyunjin's like in school, she was a good kid. She wouldn't call herself a model student but she was diligent. She had good grades and she was respected in school.

Besides doing great in school, she also formed a band with some of her friends who were into music.

They call themselves Bi-One. One of the members, Lee Donghyuck made the name, saying it could refer to their curfew, or the fact that they were all bi and being in one team.

Heejin was a fan of Bi-One. She was always supportive of her best friend's group, she even likes to refer to herself as Hyunjin's number one fan.

You see, the thing about Heejin is, she liked Hyunjin. She didn't know the details of why or when she started liking the younger, she just did.

"Y'know, Hyunjin's band is performing again this weekend in that one cafe downtown," Yerim informed her as they were sitting down during lunch.

"I know," she told the brunette girl.

"Are you going?" Yerim asked as she fed herself a spoonful of rice.

"Duh," Heejin replied with a scoff.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world you know?"

Then the weekend came by. Hyunjin and her band have been performing for an hour now, and it's safe to say that she's got herself an audience.

Heejin sat close by the mini stage. Said she wanted to hear the band clearer. But that was obviously an excuse for her to see Hyunjin up close, but she knew the younger didn't mind, they were friends after all.

Unfortunately.

Another hour passed and the band got off the stage. Heejin quickly searched for Hyunjin's whereabouts in the cafe and gave her a warm hug once she found the younger.

"What was that for?" Hyunjin asked, completely oblivious, although she still hugged back.

"Just... You were cool up there," Heejin answered as she released from the hug.

"Thank you?" she said in confusion.

"No seriously! You did great playing the bass on stage. Not saying you guys aren't as great, you guys are cool too," Heejin said, referring to her crush's other band members.

"Yeah yeah, just say you're whipped for furry woman right here and go," Donghyuck joked, making the three other members including Hyunjin laugh.

Heejin widened her eyes after hearing what Donghyuck said. Was she that obvious? But Hyunjin didn't really mind so maybe it doesn't matter?

"The fuck? Anyways, what do you guys want to eat? Dinner's on me fellas," Heejin told the band which made them squeal in excitement.

After a few hours of eating, drinking, cracking jokes, and literally making Heejin go broke for paying all of their foods, they all decided to go home.

Heejin lowkey regretted paying for the group of five, but seeing Hyunjin smile at her and thanking her for doing so, her regrets decreased slowly.

You could say Heejin was a sucker for Hyunjin, but then again, who isn't?

As the group stepped out of the cafe, they didn't realize it would be so cold that night.

"Baby you cold?" Mark, Donghyuck's boyfriend who came a little late to see his boyfriend's band perform, asked the latter.

"Kinda," the latter replied quietly while shivering.

The younger's answer made Mark take off his jacket and draped it across his boyfriend's shoulders.

Heejin envied the couple. She wanted someone to care for her like Mark cares for Donghyuck.

So then Heejin came up with an idea.

"Hyunjin, I'm cold," she told the younger while trying to hold her hand.

Hyunjin sighed at that.

"Sucks for you sweetie, I can't control the weather," she told the older.

Heejin squinted her eyes upon hearing that while Mark and Donghyuck snorted at Heejin.

"I hope those two break up," she thought while glaring at the couple.

"Anyways we're gonna get going. Do you want me to take you home or something?" Hyunjin asked Heejin.

As much as Heejin wanted to say yes, her stupid mouth can't seem to agree to what she wants.

"Nah, I'll just call a taxi or something," she told the Hyunjin which made the latter nod her head understandably.

"Okay then," she said.

"Take care okay?" she continued while hugging the older goodbye.

"I will. You too, okay?" Heejin told her.

"I will, bye!" Hyunjin waved goodbye.

Heejin waved back with a prominent pout on her face.

As Hyunjin drove Donghyuck to his house, the male can't help but be curious about Hyunjin's act towards Heejin.

"Are you that dumb?" he asked which earned an offended look from Hyunjin.

"Excuse you?"

"I mean with Heejin," he explained.

"Oh," she responded.

"What about her?" she asked as she turned left to drive to Donghyuck's house.

"She clearly likes you," Donghyuck responded.

Hyunjin smiled again before replying with an, "I know."

This made Donghyuck raise his eyebrow in confusion.

"If you knew she liked you why don't you do anything about it?" he asked.

"You and Mark like each other right?" she asked, changing the topic but not completely.

"That's out of topic but yeah, we both like each other romantically," he replied still confused.

"How does your question relate to mine though?" he asked again.

Hyunjin sighed deeply before replying to the male's question.

"It's related. Just thought you knew that in a relationship both person must like each other romantically to make it work. If one person forces themselves to do so, it just won't work," she told him.

It made Donghyuck nod his head but raise another question as well.

"So you're saying you don't like Heejin like that?"

Hyunjin smiled before replying.

"I don't. At least not yet. But who knows right?"

-
this is going to be the last bonus chapter before we finally move on to book 2 HSHSHSHSHH i'm sorry if this one feels kinda weird, not soft, rushed whatever it is, ngl i just wanted to get this one over with lmao ,, gonna miss working on it though,, but anyways see you in the sequel!!