•• 8 ••

Lorraine's POV

  I sighed as I watch Emma went out the house, she's a bit jumpy today and energetic. Her eyes were sparkling as she stared to our siblings, wanting to play with them. Emma is walking beside Phil when Mom pulled her back. I quickly went behind her with a book in my arms. I watch them silently, Mom smiled before putting a hand on Emma's collar, fixing it.

"Your collar is flipped up, Emma." Mom said, smiling to her while letting her hands do the magic on Emma's collar.

"Oh! I didn't noticed!" Emma said, having a shocked mask on her face. I giggled behind her, making mom notice me.

"Do you also want to play with them, Lorraine?" Mom ask me, I shook my head no and push the book in my arms, in front of her face.

"Mom! thank you for getting us new books inside the library!" I said and smiled cheerfully, mom chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"Have fun." Mom said and I noticed something, her hand brushed on Emma's hair before going down her ear.

"You too, Lorraine." She added, hugging me close to her but brushing my hair with her hand, I felt her hand brush against the skin behind my ear and squeezing my ear softly, as if she's removing a dirt. It's quite terrifying as mom's touch was never the same.

"Okay! were off!" Emma said, running in front of me, I was never an atlethic person, I don't even like it when I'm playing tag with my siblings, because all I do is run a little bit then walk and they never found me unless the bell of the house rings, indicating that our play time is already finished.

  I sighed, watching Emma run to the group of our siblings, soon joining them and suddenly, she disappeared into the forest. I look beside me to see Ray, reading a book in his hand. I smiled before walking beside him, he closed his book before turning all of his attention to me. His eyes are tired from reading, with his collar a bit flipped and his hair is messy, like he hadn't comb it since he woke up. He looks like he went under a storm.

"Are you okay?" I ask him, he turn to me and shook his head.

"You look so stressed." I said and walk in front of him, fixing his collar and combing his hair with my hand and fingers. He showed me his small and precious smile before he jokingly slapped my hand away, he chuckled and smirked.

"I can fix myself, stop it." He said and we both started to walk in the forest, I look behind us to see if Mom is still standing there but she's not there anymore.

  Ray and I entered the forest, while I'm humming an unfamiliar melody, something that was forgotten and cold. As Ray and I found Norman and Emma, we both split up and I walk beside Emma to help her stand up from the grass, she smiled and ruffled my hair, I giggled from her cheerful personality before turning to Norman and Ray.

"What happened with the tracking device?" Norman ask us, his hair were messed as the wind towards our direction, I hold down my skirt like Emma, scared that it would lift up.

"It's in our ears!" Emma said, turning a bit serious all of a sudden. I look down and tried to compose my plans with breaking the device.

"Yeah, no one would notice it. Although now that I know, I can feel it inside my ear, it's so small." Ray said while putting a hand on his ear, inspecting the tracking device planted inside him.

"They're planting it when they're getting our blood for tests." I said, Norman looked at me and smiled but it fade away quickly as he speak.

"I never knew about the mark that they left when they took our bloods." Norman said, with his arms crossed above his chest. I sighed and walk closer to them, leaving my position beside a tree.