5.

It was a beautiful sunny morning, so i decided to sit out on my balcony, taking my cup of tea with me. As i swung open the balcony doors, and stepped out, the sun streaming on my face. I took a sip of my tea, and watched the world go by.
"Hey."
I jumped, spilling tea on the floor.
It was Leo, he was sitting on his window ledge. He had a white t shirt and blue jeans on. Cute.
"Jesus christ you scared the shit out of me." I laughed, wiping tea of my legs.
I was surprised to see he didn't laugh, he just looked up at the sky, then back at me. I leant against the railing, looking over at the garden.
As i turned back round to him, he looked back at me, not saying a word.
"I saw what happened to you last night." I say nervously, tapping my mug with my nails.
Still silence.
"You know i've been through exactly what you're going through. It's going to be okay." I say, staring into his eyes, hoping for him to say something.
He turns around to look at me. I can see the sadness in his eyes.
"Do you want me to leave?" I ask.
He opened his mouth, then there was a long pause.
"No. Stay." He says quietly.
I smile at him, then look back out onto the garden, taking another sip of tea.

"So what was the deal with your parents? If you don't mind me asking." He says, looking down at his lap then back into your eyes.
I take in a deep breath, and close my eyes. This was the first time i had spoken to someone about my family in ages.

"My Mum cheated on my dad. Twice. I caught her both times. First time when i was only 8." I blurted out.
Leo gasps.
"Fucking hell i'm so sorry. I didn't realise what you are going through. I'm such a dickhead." He says, looking away in shame.
"Leo, the fact that you asked me about my past and care means the most to me. Don't worry about that." I say, taking another sip.

He sits there in silence, i could tell he felt guilty just by looking at him.
"I told my dad everything i knew about three years later after catching her. I also caught her again, but that was just text messages. I never thought i would tell my dad, i always imagined bottling it up and not saying a word. But until they announced they were getting a divorce, i just thought, fuck it."

"God. I can't believe you were only 8. How did you feel?" He asks calmly.

A teardrop rolls down your cheek. How did you feel? Nobody ever asked me that.
I turned to face him, and just from seeing the look of kindness and sincerity in his eyes, i burst into tears.

"Hey, hey. Lucy, it's okay." Leo says, straightening himself up on the ledge.

Through tears, i say, "Mum would never ask me how i felt after i caught her. All those years that i went through trying to sleep at night, and even seeing the man in public that she cheated with, not once did she ask me how i was feeling. I was fucking 8 years old. But yes, of course i felt like complete, utter, shit."

I buried my face into my palms, leaning over the edge of the balcony, crying my heart out. Good job Mum was away at her friends house.
Suddenly i hear something drop onto the balcony. I look up to see Leo standing next to me.
As i wipe my tears away, he pulls me into a hug.
"Shhhhh, it's alright." He says softly, patting my back with his hand.

When i eventually pull out of the hug, we were both just left there, staring at each other.

"Leo, the main reason i'm crying like this is not because of what happened. It's the fact that nobody ever asked me how i felt- accept my dad when he found out about everything. You've been the most understanding person i've ever met and i can't thank you enough." I say, wiping the remaining tears from underneath my eyes.

"Hey i've barely even done anything. But don't worry about it." He says, squeezing my shoulder.
So we both stand there, looking over the balcony onto the garden.

"So do you wanna come inside?"