22.

Leo doesn't show up to school again.
I've noticed that Ben hadn't been coming in recently either, which made me believe that they were both up to the same thing.
I slammed my locker shut and sighed, i felt like i was stuck. As much as i tried to help, he just pushed me back.

"Alright there pretty?"
I jump, turning around to see Alex Campbell leaning against a locker next to me.

"What do you want?" I ask in annoyance, slumping my bag over my shoulder.

"Wondering if you happen to know where Ben and Leo have been recently considering you to are like, a thing." He says, and i watch his eyes as he glances down to my top.

"No idea." I say, not wanting to tell him anything. I begin to walk away, and he suddenly stops me by placing his hand on my shoulder.

I look up to him in confusion, and he smiles- almost smirking.

"You know something. I can tell." He says, folding his arms.

I roll my eyes.
"And why do i need to bore you with the details?" I say, walking away.
He follows me to the next class, which we both happened to have. Biology.

"I wont tell a soul." He says, looking at me as we walk down the hall.

"Find that hard to believe." I mutter, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Just tell me Lucy." He says, his voice suddenly becoming a lot calmer and stern.

I sigh, and then i eventually say,
"Leo is taking drugs. I think he's getting them from Ben."

"Shit really?" Alex says, his eyes wide.

"Yeh i know. Ive seen Leo quite a few times and he looks really rough. He refuses to talk to me and is really aggressive. Trust me..." I say, looking down at the ground in silence.

We get to the door of the classroom, and Alex pushes his brown hair out of his face. We were a bit early, so we stood outside, just the two of us.
"Did he hurt you?" He asks.
"No." I blurt out, too ashamed to say anything.

"Good." Alex says, staring into my eyes.
His deep chocolatey brown eyes stare back into mine. Something felt weird.

"I don't know how to stop it. He won't listen to me. It's going to completely fuck up his progress in school." I say, leaning against the radiator.

Alex leans against the other side of the wall opposite me.
"I can try and speak to Ben, get him to stop selling Leo whatever this stuff is, that's if he's even involved." He says.

Why was he being so nice?
The Alex Campbell i remembered was just an annoying little prick.

I notice other people from my class coming up the corridor.
"Thank you." I say, smiling awkwardly.

"No worries." He says smiling back, looking at me, then at the ground.

When we go into class, Alex sits down in his seat at the other side of the class.
As the teacher talks, we keep glancing at each other.
He was suddenly so different.
He was really caring.
But i tried my best to shake it off, as i had to try and focus on Leo.

And then he winked at me from across the classroom, and I couldn't help but get lost in him.