26.

"What is it?"

I sit on my bed, watching his bitmoji pop up and down as he types.
Suddenly the message flashes in front of me.

"Leo is sleeping with this girl from his old school. I don't know her name but he apparently told people in the changing rooms that he was."

I froze.
Then i read it over and over again to see if I was just imagining it.

"No."
I type out, my hands trembling.

"Yes."
He sends back.

"This has to be a mistake."
I type back, my heart racing.

"It can't be. The guy who told me wouldn't lie about something like that."

"I've got to go."
I quickly text back, closing snapchat and finding Leos number. I thought i would have been in tears, but instead I was just so angry.
I rang his number, and immediately stood up, pacing around my room furiously.

"Hey." Leo's voice says from the other end.

"You fucking dick. How could you fucking do this to me after all i've done is look after you?!" I yell into my phone, slamming my hands against the wall in frustration.

"D-do what?" He stammers.

"Sleep with a fucking whore behind my back. You know what, you fucking deserve each other."
I rant down the line, as i pace around my room, kicking socks.

"Lucy, I would never sleep with ano-"

"Don't even act like I don't know." I state, cutting him off."

"B-but where have you heard this from."  He says in distress.

"Alex Campbell." I say.

"For fucks sake!" Leo shouts from the other end.

"Don't ever fucking talk to me again. How could you. I've been trying so hard to help you after you turned into a fucking druggy, and this is what you go and do behind my back? Your fucking pathetic." I say, digging my nails into my chair.

"B-but Lucy you know it's a lie! I would never do something like that to you!" He weeps.

"Oh yeh? What about the time when you were off in a hurry when I was sleeping round your house. Where were you going then? Off to meet your little slut? What am I not good enough?"

And i end the call, throwing my phone onto my bed.
                                          ******

I sit in Biology, tapping my pencil against my jotter.
Over the weekend, he had tried to call me 12 times, and had texted me 9 times, all which I ignored.
I sat there, picturing him with another girl, picturing him doing all sorts of stuff with her, whilst i was completely oblivious.
It made me feel sick.

"Everybody go collect a lab coat and goggles."
The teacher calls from the front of the class.

Everybody around me suddenly gets off their chairs and go to collect their things, and i just slowly pick myself up, groaning.
As i make my way over to the lab coats next to the door, Alex suddenly walks in.
He quickly smiles at me, then looks back up to the teacher.

"Sorry I'm late miss." He calls to the teacher, dropping his bag of at his desk.

"Where were you?" She asks, with an unimpressed look on her face."

"The nurse." He replies, taking out his folder from his bag then chucking it underneath his table.

"Oh alright. Well go put your lab coat and safety glasses on." She says.

Alex walks over towards me, swooping his dark brown hair out of his face with his hand.
His dark brown eyes glow.
I watch as he takes a lab coat of the peg.

"You alright?" He asks, as he buttons the acid stain covered jacket up. It probably had nonce written on the back, or kick me.

"No, not at all." I say, flinging my hair down and grabbing it with my hands to tie up in a pony tail.

"Damn i'm so sorry." He says sympathetically.

I sigh, twisting the bobble around my hair three times, then pulling on my hair to tighten it.

"Everybody get into partners. The equipment is at the back of the classroom in the green trays. If you have any questions ask me but you should know what you are supposed to be doing as i explained it last week." The teacher calls from her desk.

I groan even harder this time, picking out a pair of safety glasses from the box.

"Be my partner?" He asks, putting his glasses on.
He looked like a total dork.

"Alright then." I say, smirking to myself slightly.

We set up the equipment on my desk, with the bunsen burner waiting to be lit by the teacher.
"Miss we have set everything up." I say as she walks near by.
She comes over to our table, and takes a match out of her box, striking it alight.
I turn on the gas, and she hovers the match over the bunsen burner, until a flame comes roaring from it.
I set it on the safety flame, and then she gives us the heads up to get started.

"Go on then." I say to Alex, nudging his side.

"Someones getting a bit aggressive." Alex jokes, holding a food sample over the flame with tongs.

"Oh my god you aren't even holding it over the flame properly!" I say, taking his hand and guiding it directly over the flame.
He pauses, staring at me, and then I let go of his hand.

Suddenly the food catches on fire.
"There we go." Alex says, lifting it up from above the flame.
As he lifts it away from the heat, it crumbles away from the tongs onto the table, still completely on fire.

"Shit Alex!" I say, almost too loudly.

"It's fine, it's fine." He says, poking at the food with the tongs, which still remained alight.

"Alex oh my god hurry up and put it out." I whisper shout.

Alex starts laughing, as he tries to blow the fire out, catching the attention of lots of other pairs.
As i watch him blow the fire out, part of me starts laughing too.

"What's s going on over there?" The teacher shouts from across the classroom.

"N-Nothing." Alex replies, turning back around with a big grin on his face.

"Jesus christ." I say, leaning back against the table chuckling to myself.

Suddenly Alex's eyes connect with mine, and we stop laughing. His eyes sparkle, and the way he looks at me makes me feel different. He looks down at my lips, and I watch as he bites his own.
It gives me goosebumps, and my eyes flutter.