28.

I didn't see much of Leo the rest of that day.
I heard from rumours that he had been taken to the head masters office most of the day, and was probably going to get suspended, or maybe expelled.
However, I did see him at the end of the day when i was at hockey training.
He walked past on the path next to the astro slowly, staring at me. I watched as he trudged along the path, holding the strap of his bag.

Over Thursday and Friday, he didn't show up in school. Although Alex did.
When I saw him in the hall on Thursday, he had a light bruise on his cheek. It wasn't as bad as I had imagined.
But what I did notice throughout those two days, was how much shit he was talking about Leo to everyone. We would make eye contact, then he would quickly look away, as if in disgust about how my sweet little boyfriend was trying to act all tough and stand up for me.
I didn't understand.
What was his issue.
Maybe Leo was right about something.
Maybe he was a little jealous.

And then it was Friday night.
As i sat in the living room watching Breaking Bad, a snap from Alex popped up on my phone.
I groaned, unlocking my phone to open the snap.
When i opened it, it was a picture of his face, and it said, "Do u wanna go out later?"
Why was he now asking me to go and meet him if he gave me the devils all day?

I snapped him back, saying,
"Sure. I thought u were pissed at me earlier? aha."

"Nah was just in a shit mood." He replied

"Oh right good ahah." I responded, feeling slightly awkward.

"So where do u want to meet?" He snapped back.
Why was he so eager to meet me?

"I'll meet u outside urs and ill text u when i'm outside." I snap back.

"Alright. Come for 8?" His snap says.

"Yeh sure see u later." I finally say, putting my phone down on the sofa next to me.

Well this would be interesting.

******
I approached Alex's front door, only knowing where he lives from past parties he had had.
I open snapchat on our chat, and text him saying,
"Outside." His bitmoji flashes up on the screen, then disappears again. I stand outside the door with my hands in my pockets, tapping my foot against the ground anxiously. I didn't really know why i was anxious, but I was.
Suddenly, I hear the door twist open, and I immediately look up from my feet to see Alex standing by the doorway with black jeans and a white hoodie on.

"You made it." He says, fiddling to put on his last shoe.

"So where do you wanna go?" I ask, as he steps out the doorway, shutting the door behind him.

"Anywhere you want to go." He says, ruffling his hand through his hair.
For a short moment as we walk down the road, I stare into his eyes, he stares back into mine, his pupils wide.

"Great. In that case I want frozen yogurt." I say, and Alex laughs, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Thats if I had brought some fucking money." I mumble, putting my hand down the back of my jean pocket, searching to find any cash.

"Don't worry, ill pay for you." Alex says.

"Nawww cheers." I say smiling brightly, as i put my hands back in my pockets away from the bitter cold wind. I turn to Alex, seeing him smirking to himself.

When we get to the frozen yogurt place, we sit eating at the stools by the window.
"So how's your injury?" I say, pointing to his cheek.

Alex swallows a spoonful of frozen yogurt, and simply says, "Meh it's alright," clearly not wanting to talk about it.

I sat there, eating my frozen yogurt quietly, until he said, "So uh, are you guys together or what?"

I sat there trying to answer the question myself.
"I guess not." I said sadly, scraping the edges of the tub with the plastic spoon.

Alex suddenly looked up from his yogurt to me.
And smiled.

"Don't worry bout it. Shit happens." He says.
I smile at him sadly, tucking my hair behind my ears.
He watches me closely.

"I guess your right." I said.

"And i'm sure Leo knows deep down inside he doesn't deserve someone like you." Alex says. Something inside me feels funny when he says this, just like before- something is not right.
I stare into his eyes which stare longingly back into mine, and he licks his lips before he continues,
"What he did to you was totally wrong."