18.

It was 7:45am on a Sunday morning, and i sat downstairs in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal.
I had texted Leo last night to ask if he wanted to do something, but he never replied.
I was confused.
I had never seen him look so rushed to go somewhere, and why wasn't he responding to my messages?
I shovelled the last spoonful of crunchy nut into my mouth and left my bowl by the sink.

"Lucy get a move on. Your socks are on the radiator."
Mum calls from down the hall.
I quickly grab my socks from of the radiator and put them on over my shin guards.
I sit on the stairs, putting on my astros.

"I'm ready now." I say to Mum, grabbing my hockey bag from beside the front door.

"Right lets go we are going to be late." Mum says, opening the door in a hurry.
I was going to my hockey tournament and I had to be there by 8.
"It's fine." I say, walking through the door, my eyes glued to my phone waiting for a text from Leo.
I get into the car, chucking my bag in the backseat and put on my seatbelt.

"Who are you busy texting?" Mum asks, as she reverses out of the drive way.
"No one." I say, as i switch of my phone and place it down on my lap.

When it was eventually Monday, I had walked into Geography, but Leo wasn't there. I tried not to think much of it, as he was probably just sick. Maybe that would explain why he never responded to my texts.
Tired and disappointed, i somehow made my way through the rest of the depressing Monday.
When I got home to my Dads house, i tried to text Leo again to see if he would respond.
But unfortunately, he did not.