34.

I sat in the small secluded patient room, feeling more nervous than I had ever felt.
I was waiting for the officers to return to give me a full update of the situation, and how they would handle it.  I tapped my foot anxiously against the ground, hugging my waist tightly with my arms.
My parents sat in two chairs in front of me, and Leo stood to my right. I turned, to see him leaning against the wall, his arms folded. He smiled at me sympathetically, making me feel even worse.

Suddenly the door creaked open, and i spun my head round immediately to see the two police men coming in. I watched them as they walked over and stood next to my parents.

"So what's happening?" My dad asks, leaning forward in his seat.

The tallest officer with curly ginger hair and a stubbly chin was the first to respond.

"We have arrested Alex, and he was taken into custody." He answers.

My mouth drops open.
This was serious shit.

"We have questioned him multiple times, and every time he says that it wasn't rape, and in fact it was consensual, and that you had been planning on it for a little while." The officer adds on.

My body fills with rage, and I quickly turn to Leo in panic, who has a shocked look on his face.
I slam my hands against the arm rests of my chair angrily.

"Urgh! What the fuck? He's lying! I'm telling you! He raped me! I never asked for this. I never even liked him!" I shout, burying my head into my hands.

I feel a hand press against my shoulder, rubbing it slightly. I raise my head up slightly, seeing that it was Leo who was comforting me.
"We know your not lying Lucy." He says, putting his hand back down his side.

Something about what he just did gave me deja-vu. Like a really really familiar feeling. As soon as he touched my shoulder, something reminded me of how things used to be between him and I.

"Don't worry yourself Miss. As of just now we have no evidence to back up anything he is saying." The other officer says. He was chubby and blonde, and he just annoyed me as soon as I saw him.

"What do you mean? She's clearly done absolutely nothing wrong. For god's sake shes been raped! I saw it with my own eyes, it was completely forced, can't you just automatically send the bastard to jail?!" Leo suddenly bursts out, my parents sitting there in shock.

I sit there, feeling really really uncomfortable.
Everybody was staring at me.

"He is right. Nothing about what happened was consensual." My dad adds on.

"Yes, we can see that it's quite clear that it's absolutely not your fault. We will have to further question Alex, and if he continues to make up false accusations then we would have to use other methods." The tall officer says.

"What like a lie detector?" My mum asks.

"Most likely." He replies.

"I-If he gets sent to jail, how long will he be sentenced for?" I ask nervously.

"The average sentence for a 16 year old plus is a maximum of 5 years. However, it's up to the judge to decide how long he would spend in custody." The fat one replies.

My heart pounds. Five years? He could be in jail for 5 years?! Something about that made me feel guilty.

"Wait so will this be taken to court?" My mum asks, looking quite distressed.

"If the defendant does plead guilty to the offence then you will not need to take this case to court." The tall officer replies.

I immediately turned to Leo.
"Theres no way in hell he would ever admit he's guilty." I say to him.

"I was thinking the exact same thing." Leo muttered.

Suddenly, the door swung open again, and the doctor walked in the room.

"When can I go home?" I ask, desperate to get out of the disgusting, stale food smelling hospital.

"I'd say you can go home now, as we've given you your body check and we've spoken enough to you. It's up to the officers I believe." The doctor says, sitting down on his chair by his computer.

I fill with relief at the thought of going home to my bed, having a well deserved cry, and sleeping for days.

"Well, I don't feel like theres much else we can ask you either, as we can only really continue when we here more from Alex, which we can give your parents a call as soon as we get a response. Is there anything else you want to ask?" The tall officer asks.

Leo, and my parents turn to me, putting me on the spot.

"Um, no, I don't think so." I reply, eager to get out as soon as possible and get some fresh air.

"Well you may leave if you wish. Take it easy, and get in contact if you have any concerns or questions." The chubby officer says.

I quickly stand up from my chair, grabbing my fleece from beside me, and my parents stand up slowly.

                                         ******

My dads car pulls up outside my mums house, and without hesitation i burst open the car door, getting out of the hot, claustrophobic car.
Everyone else gets out the car, including Leo. As I walk towards the door, I look behind me, watching as he slammed the car door shut. He quickly rushed over, catching up with me.
I stop by the gate at the front of my house to say goodbye to him before we went our separate ways again.

"Are you going to be okay tonight." Leo asks, putting his hands in his jean pockets.

I stand absolutely still, the sunset streaming onto my face.
"Probably not." I say sadly, kicking a stone next to me on the pavement. I watch as my parents both walk into the same house, an extremely rare occurrence, which only happens under the strangest circumstances.

"Well, if you want to talk to me at all, just text me or whatever." He says shyly.

I stare into his gorgeous blue eyes.
My heart began to ache.

"I'm really sorry about everything." I suddenly say, looking away awkwardly.

"No. It's not your fault. I'm sorry that I accused you of things that weren't true. I should've known better." Leo replies, shaking his head disappointedly.

I pull him into a hug, wrapping my arms around his back. My body tingles as he responds by wrapping his arms around my waist, squeezing me tightly.

"I'm so sorry for all of this." I whisper, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Don't feel sorry, you've done nothing wrong, absolutely nothing." He whispers back, leaning his head against mine.