🌒 九

AUTHOR                      

AUTHOR                  

"And they are going to get married?! Next month?! Have you all lost your mind?" Sungmin's yell echoed all over the house.

"That's great. The soon the marriage, the better." Mrs. Lee who was just arrived from Dongnae stated as she placed her belongings inside the living room.

"It's a perfect timing. I have brought you some new clothes. You can as well as wear it on your next visit to impress the prince." Her mother said.

"No matter what she wore, she will never be able to impress him with that face of hers." Sungmin sneered.

"What is your problem actually?!" Y/N finally snapped after listening silently her older brother insulting her.

"Well, I'm just stating the truth. Isn't that was the reason why the prince walked away? He must be very dissapointed that his brother set him up with a not-so-pretty-girl like you." Y/N threw her brother with the nearby painting, almost, almost hitting him on the spot.

Sungmin who was taken aback just widened his eyes as his chubby cheeks turned pale. "Y/N!" Her mother shouted.

"What?! I hate him so much, mom! I don't care anymore. You never stood by my side. No matter what he did you always sided him!" She yelled right in front of her mother, forgetting all the hierarchy and honorifics.

"Even if he spoke so lowly about me, you wouldn't care. Why? Because he is your only son. He is so precious who can continue your blood line unlike me, I am just your useless daughter. That's why you were so worked up with my marriage!" She raised her voice as she panted out all of her bottled up feelings. Her mother just stared at her in disbelieve. It wasn't what she intended to.

Y/N's mother had always took Sungmin's side. She never actually pay attention to her youngest daughter or so she thought. Y/N never complained about it though, she understood her mother's character very well, a typical Joseon's house wifes mostly were just like her.

Nevertheless, as a fellow woman, shouldn't she sympathized her position, even just for a slight bit? How could she let a man like Sungmin degrading her, at every single time he got the chance? Shouldn't her, as a good mother, taught her most favorite son some manners?! Y/N just couldn't take it anymore.

"You probably already lost your patience and just want to send me off as soon as possible. Getting rid of me." Her tears already threatening to fall. But Y/N wasn't going to cry in front of these people.

"Just whatever." She spatted out and ran away.

"Y/N... wait!" Her mother called but the girl was already gone.

"Oh, Lord! Do you always need to pick up a fight every morning?!" Mrs. Lee snapped at her son.

Sungmin flinched when he heard his mother yelling at him, which she rarely did.