🌒 十二

AUTHOR                        

AUTHOR                  

Flashback

"W-what?" Taewoo asked with his two wide eyes.

Queen Heads letting out an exasperated sigh as she replied, "We need a heir, Taewoo-ah. But we would never be able to. That's why-"

"You mean you want me to get married so you can have my son as the heir?! I can't believe this... How could brother hide such important things from me and how could you all didn't even discuss it first with me? Oh... maybe because how unimportant I am so my opinion doesn't matter." Taewoo raised his voice as he stood up.

"Wait, my Prince. Listen!" The queen yelled, but Prince Taewoo didn't even bother to glance back as he walked out of the room. His rough hand almost touched the door as the queen continued.

"Your mother was killed." Taewoo froze at where he stood. He turned around, holding his angry and confused expression.

"What that supposed to mean?" He said between the gritted teeth.

"If you want to know then sit and listen." The Prince was hesitated before walking in front of Queen Hwasa and kneeled once again.

"I don't get it. What do you mean by mother being killed? She was sick for a long time!" Taewoo denied, breathing harder.

"No, she wasn't. She was poisoned." She replied.

"Don't you want to know who did it? If you promise me to listen until the end of the story, then I will tell you. So, do you?" The prince nodded eagerly.

"Your mother was poisoned by Lady Cha. Your father first concubine." Taewoo widened his eyes.

Lady Cha used to work as court lady for his mother, the late Queen. His father was smitten by her beauty, took her as his concubine. Taewoo always thought, his father loved the two in the same way. Lady Cha also get along really well with the Queen, she invited her for a tea almost everyday. So how come?

"The tea, yes, the tea. You know that lady Cha loved to invite your mother for a cup of tea? There where she put her poison. She drank it every day and each day she did her body growing ill." She continued.

"N-no way. Father said..."

"And your father also the one behind this all." Taewoo could feel his whole body stiffened. Blood raising to his head as he snapped.

"How dare you accuse my father for doing that! He was the kindest-"

"Children tend to remember only the good thing. You forgot that your father had treat you and your brother like his prisoner after your mother's dead. He looked at you two with his cold two eyes. Don't you remember, Taewoo-ah?" Taewoo balled his hands into a fist. No, he didn't remember but his cold stare... his cold stare suddenly flashed into his mind. Taewoo bit down his lower lips to hold his tears.