🌓 二十九

The feelings that bloom in the middle of Autumn

AUTHOR

"Then let's just push forward the marriage. It doesn't matter if it's tomorrow or today. They'll have to get married either way. Am I correct?" The man in red robe spoke, a deep scowl plastered on his beautifully carved face.

The woman who's wearing a purple-colored robe, decorated with gold embroidery next to him, sent him a deadly glare. "I swear to God, if you are going to order me to prepare a marriage within a day, I'm going to leave the castle pretending I never was the queen." She growled angrily.

The King chuckled at his wife's threat. "My dear, don't speak like that in front of our guests. Although I do admit, your sassiness is your charm but please..." she still hissed at him.

"Okay, okay, there's no way we'll have the marriage tomorrow. I'm just talking. Besides, I know how hasty it is for you to prepare it all by yourself." The King told and finally, the woman sighed.

"But I do agree, we have to advance the marriage. Maybe in the next two weeks?" She offered. Two weeks would be enough for her and the ladies to prepare a decent marriage for the prince.

"That sounds better." The King replied. "But what do you think, Sir Lee? I think your opinion is mattered here." The King turned his attention toward the middle-aged male who sat across him.

"I think it's Y/N's opinion that matters. But I don't think she'll refuse it either. They'll be getting married either way, sooner or later. As for my wife, she'll definitely agree." The older replied.

Joonki who was sitting next to Mr. Lee just watched the three conversed without speaking too much. It was none of his business to meddle, although he felt a twinge at the tiny corner of his heart

"Well, it's a deal then." The King clapped his hands.

"We'll talk to them both tonight, let's have dinner to discuss it." The King suggested.

"And oh, Joon. I'm hoping you'll still be her guardian until the marriage is over." The male just nodded his head absentmindedly.

"Of course, My King. Protecting the princess is an honor for me." Joonki lied through his gritted teeth.

Protecting a human was never an honor.

But something tugging in his heart, urging him even without the King told, he'll protect her anyway.

"About the attacker." King Sungjin growled. "You said she probably knows her attacker, correct?" Joonki nodded his head quietly.

"I suggest it will be better if we pretend she didn't know him. I think the men who attacked us before were only the pawns. If the head knew she knew one of his men, it can be dangerous." Joonki explained lengthily.