🌓 三十 二

AUTHOR

AUTHOR

The King asked Joonki to stay for lunch. Of course, the wolf couldn't deny such honor, so he stayed in the King chamber.

Some court ladies had entered and served him many kinds of dishes in one small wooden table, the same dishes they served for the King as well. The eunuch was busy tasting the foods with the silver spoon, although it's a hassle, it's necessary to make sure the foods wasn't poisoned.

Once there's no change of color on the spoon, the King ordered the eunuch to leave as they savored their lunch. He also signaled Joonki to taste his food. He nodded quietly and picked up the chopsticks.

He tried the rolled egg served in a small bowl first. He put it inside his mouth and nodded his head in agreement at the taste. The palace foods were surely different.

He also tried the kimchi placed a small plate on the left, scrunching his face. Being a wolf making him not fond of any kind of veggies, including the preserved one, kimchi.

"How is it?" The King asked as he was quietly studying the wolf's face since earlier. When he saw him cringe he couldn't help but wonder why.

"It's delicious. But I'm not used to eating vegetables." Joonki answered without hesitation but thankfully earning a laugh from the King instead.

"Ah, I almost forgot what you really are." The King told, reminding himself that Joonki was a different kind than him. After that, he took a bite of his food as well.

"So what kind of food do you all usually eat?" The King asked curiously.

Joonki looked up to meet his expectant eyes. "We eat just like what everybody eats, Your Majesty, but some of us prefer the meat we hunted than the veggies harvested. Some others could still eat it."

"I see. Then remind me to serve you the best quality of meat next time we have dinner together, shall we?" The King chuckled lightly.

Joonki shook his head telling it was unnecessary. He then picked up his spoon and tried the soup next.

"Speaking of meat, I suddenly remembered Taewoo." The King mumbling, Joonki stiffened while still dipping his spoon in the hot boiling pot.

"Eunuch Lee." He called the eunuch who stood in front of the closed door. The wooden frame quickly slid open, revealing a man with his green robe.

"Yes, Your Majesty." He bent his back, bowing at the male.

"Please ask the court lady in the kitchen to bring the prince and the princess a lot of meat." He winked playfully at the older male.

"I think they need a lot of energy." He grinned mischievously.

"Grrr..." Joonki instantly clasped his mouth as a small growl erupted from inside his body. He could feel his inner wolf was angry.