🌓 二十八

AUTHOR

AUTHOR

Y/N slowly fluttered her eyes closed. The night fell deeper as her drowsiness took over. Under the moonlight, they walked passed the woods, now going toward an open hill.

The tall trees were no longer to be seen. But the wind hushed louder in their ears. Y/N unconsciously dropped her head back, landing on her guard's broad chest.

The male slightly flinched before looking down at the girl with her eyes closed. A tiny sigh escaped his lips as he continued to ride the horse through the night. He pulled the rope, making it walk slowly.

But suddenly the ride abruptly stopped, waking Y/N up before she could fall into her deep slumber sleep. She opened one of her eyes lazily before opening both widely, she sniffled a little, still feeling a bit sick. But her attention quickly diverted as some greenish light twinkled right in front of her eyes.

"So beautiful!" She exclaimed, watching the glimmering green light flying around them.

She stared at the fireflies in awe, raising her palm up in the air, ghosting underneath one that flew close by.

She admired the magical view in front of her. The last time she witnessed the fireflies was ages ago when her father used to bring her to the temple. It's always surrounded by fireflies during the night.

Her heartbeat fastened. Watching fireflies in the middle of the hill was the most mystical scene she had ever seen, almost like she was in another world. She then turned her head around to share the excitement with the man behind her.

"Joonki-ssi, look! Fireflies!" She chirped excitedly, sounding almost like a kid.

But as her eyes landed on the male, all she could see is how his face scrunched in disgust, the whole body tensed, eyes closed shut.

She tilted her head to the side before tugging on his hanbok sleeve.

"Joonki-ssi..." she called him softly. "Are you alright?"

The male pursed his lips into a thin line, shutting his eyes tighter. What Y/N couldn't see was how his wolf ears have folded underneath his hat.

"B-bugs..." The man stammered. She furrowed her eyebrows before everything clicked. He was scared of the fireflies, he called it a bug! Not exactly wrong but... was this scary beast afraid of these tiny little things?

"Pffft!" She muffled her laugh before finally let it erupted uncontrollably.

"A-are y-you afraid of... bugs?! Bwahaha!" She laughed, earning a scowl from the male. He opened his eyes, sending her a deadly glare.

She kept laughing though, clasping her mouth with her hand, back moving up and down erratically.

The half-wolf growled lowly. "I am not!" He defended. But suddenly one firefly flew right across his face, making him squeaked in surprise.