Day Ten

Dear Reader,

        First day of high school. Scary. Actually, it wasn't that bad since I made it home in one piece. Once I got home, the problems started. Like the huge math packet my math teacher sent home. Or the death of the amazing Robin Williams. Coincidence? I think not! But seriously though, high school isn't as scary as I thought it would be. 

        The thing that scares me though is the people. Think about it. How many adults do you know that met their spouse in high school? My parents met in high school. And look where they are now. Married with two kids. Or another example, you right now could be going to school with the future president. Or the next Beyonce. Or even your future boss. The students that you go to high school with, will be the future. That kid you sat next to in geometry could be that one person you avoid in grocery stores. That random stranger that you pass in the hall could be the face you see everyday on the news. That's what scares me. I could spill my lunch on the future president and get horrible taxes for the rest of my life. Or, I could really tick off the future Lady Gaga and she could tell her fans to hate me. See? I could do something to ruin my future. I could hit my future husband with my locker. Knowing me, I would do something like that.

        So guys, I wanted to talk to you about my best friend, Emily, again. If she was a guy, she'd be my soul mate. We are so alike and yet so different. We are called bungee cord buddies because we rarely leave each others' side. Why am I mentioning Emily? Well one, she's probably the biggest fan of my writing. Probably. Two, she sitting across from me and I needed inspiration. And three, because everyone needs their own Emily. 

        Without Emily I would never passed seventh grade math class. She can take something confusing and dumb it down for my feeble mind. She's crazy smart and she knows it. Sometimes, she's too smart. For example, anytime I prove her wrong because she was too cocky. Which is a lot. JUST KIDDING! The only thing that Emily can't do is talk in front of people. Me, on the other hand, I was born to be a performer. The stage is my home and the spotlight better be on me. I do the talking, she does the thinking. 

        We're a brilliant team. 

        Think about your best friend(s). Could you imagine life without them? Me neither. If I were to ever lose Emily, a piece of me would be shredded to bits. Because I love her. I saw a quote the other day and I realized it fit us perfectly: "God made us best friends because our parents couldn't handle us as sisters." If Emily was my sister, my parents would lose their minds.

        Anyways, what I'm trying to say is love your best friends. Never take them for granted. Your best friend is a part of you. Don't ever lose that. 

        Sincerely,        

        Rae

P.S. In honor of Robin Williams, I wanted to share one of his quotes. He was truly an amazing man.

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."- Robin Williams