Day Fourteen

Dear Reader,

        I don't know about you, but couples freak me out. They're all lovey and I'm just awkwardly standing behind them like the third wheel I am. If you couldn't tell, I've never been in a relationship before so I don't know the first thing about having a significant other. I was commenting on this when my friend told me that the only reason I'm awkward around couples is probably because I want a relationship. Have I really sunk that low, self? Do I feel like I need someone else to complete me? I really hope not. Yes a boyfriend would be nice, but I mean what do you do with him? Just give him some food and pat his head? Or just force him to buy you food while you watch a movie? Is he dependent like a dog or never around like a cat? Sometimes people confuse me. This would be one of those times. 

        So my little sister has been begging me to write about her. She kinda has a big head, like me. Her name is Leah, she's in fifth grade. Leah wants to start volleyball, but I don't know why. You see, my sister loves to do flips and flops around the house. It's easy to tell that her passion is gymnastics. I don't understand this sudden interest in volleyball. Well almost. Leah's friends play volleyball competitively and they get trophies and practice together without her. I think she's just feeling left out and because of that she's losing sight of her passion. My sister is greatly influenced by society and peoples'opinions of her. She's the opposite of me in that retrospect. Since I'm the oldest, I feel the need to protect her from society and it's cruel truths. I'm pretty sure my parents feel the same way. For example, I guarantee my sister has no idea what the F-word is. So you can tell I'm doing a pretty good job. Kinda. 

        Leah's not the only person I know who's like this. Many of my friends are greatly influenced by society and others are not. I wish there was a way to tell the whole world that what other people think doesn't matter. It's way easier and less stressful to just be yourself and throw caution to the wind. If you want to wear cat ears to school, then wear cat ears to school. If you want to dance to your favorite song, then dance! If you want to be heard, then speak up and be loud!

        It's funny because right there is the most hypocritical thing I could've said. But I'll make you a  promise Reader. If you work on being heard, then I will too. And we can get through these four years together.

Sincerely Yours,

Rae

"Society exists only as a mental concept; in the real world there are only individuals."- Oscar Wilde