Archery and Interruptions ~ Chapter six

Chapter six - Archery and Interruptions

** Warning unedited **

Chapter 6

• • •

"So we are really doing this?" I asked as soon as me and Anna stepped out the locker rooms and on to the battle field.

"I mean yeah. We've been talking about this forever. We need to do this. Your amazing at this and I'm...not very good. But together we'll show them what they are missing." Anna said as we walked out on the battle field.

The battle field we keep talking about is only a field that's located at the back of the school. It's where the school preform's almost all archery meets. It's where tryouts happen.

I've been following this team since I was in junior high, and this year I decided I finally wanted to try out for the team. With years of practicing and watching the (Not so good) team I think I'm finally ready to give it a try.

I've developed a bond with it over the years. The sport really interests me. It's the only sport I would ever consider doing

Anna beside me doesn't exactly share that bond. She's never picked up a bow in her life. She's just trying out to cheer me on since it's a closed tryout.

As we walked out of the battle field I saw about twenty people with a bow and arrow in their hands. They all were ex members of the team I only saw about five new people.

"Pick up a bow and arrow on the table over there." Micheal the captain of the team told us pointing to a table with bow and arrows on it. We nodded and he gave us a curt smile.

Me and Anna picked up a bow and arrow and walked over to the others.

"Shit this thing is heavy." Anna groaned as we were walking. I laughed and shook my head.

"Not really." I shrugged causing her to roll her eyes.

She didn't respond she just sat the bow on the ground and kept the Arrows in her hand. Suddenly everyone got quiet and started looking at something.

I snapped my head in the direction they where looking. The coach Mrs. K, was walking towards us.

I love Mrs. K. She's a natural at archery. She use to do the sport for a living, and she sure did a good job. She went to the Olympics 6 times and she has won 4 gold metals. She was a beast back in her day. But, she soon retired and now well she works as a coach at this school.

"Okay listen up. This is a try out. You won't have a guaranteed spot on the team. Most of you won't make it and the ones that do will wish they haven't. My goal is to train you until you are the best. Which the schools team is not. So this year I will only pick the ones that I'm positive will win me a gold metal this school deserves. Now let's get started." She demanded.

Damn harsh much? Not a hey or a welcome. Shit this women is successful but she's mean as hell. I looked at Anna that had on the same expression I had.

"What the fuck?" She mouthed causing me to shrug. I thought they said that Mrs. K was nice. I don't see how she could possibly be nice.