Poems and Favors ~ Chapter Thirty

Chapter thirty - Poems and favors

** Warning unedited **

Chapter 30

•                                     •                                      •

   "I would tell you that I love you tonight.
    But I know that I've got time on my side.
   Where you goin'? Why you leaving so soon?
   Is there somewhere else that's better for you?"

   "What is love if your not here with me?
   What is love if it's not guaranteed?
   What is love if it just ups and leaves?
   What is love if your not here no more?
   What is love if your not really sure?
   What is love? What is love?"

   I pulled my black hoodie over my head as I song the Lyric's quietly to myself. What is love is one of my favorite songs by V. Bozeman. I've never been in love so I can't relate to the song. But I can say it it has really good lyrics. I wouldn't have ever tried to sing if I hadn't heard that song.

   Wait. Did I already tell you I'm a good singer? Well a decent singer at the most

"Tell myself I wouldn't cry when your gone.
But I know it's easier said than done.
Look at me, look at me choked up now.
Try to tell you but it won't come out."

I kept singing the song as I walked to the vampire king's classroom. I was really getting into the lyric's. I closed my eyes a I sung. Don't ask me why I closed my eyes. When I'm feeling a song I just close my eyes so I can soak up all my feelings at once.

A few seconds after I closed my eyes I bumped into something hard. Damn! What did I bump into a wall?

I open my eyes and guess who was standing there.

The vampire king in all his glory. Yeah that's right. The damn vampire king. I feel like my life has been evolving around him a lot lately. That's not good. Considering the fact I don't like the dude at at all.

I stumbled a little but the vampire king grabbed my waist and held me in place. Ha! That rhymed. I should be a poetic. Twinkle, Twinkle, little bish. I want to hit you with my fist. When I do please don't cry and if you snitch I'll tell a lie.

I stopped thinking about the wonderful poem I made up in my head and looked at the vampire king who was currently glaring at me.

"You. I can't deal with you today. Why are you even here?" He groaned. I looked at him confused. Well damn. I didn't know he disliked me that much.

"Well if you must know. I'm on my way to your class." I responded with a eye roll. I then realized his hands were still wrapped around my waist and quickly backed up.

He looked unfazed by my action and stuck his hands in his pockets.

"Didn't Mrs. James tell you already?" He asked as he bit his lip. Damn! He didn't have to bite his lip. He looks so attractive when he does that.

"Tell me what?" I asked confused. I haven't seen Mrs. J at all today. Whatever it was it must've not been important. She would have found me and told me had it been.