Movies and presentations ~ Chapter Ten

Chapter ten - Movies and Presentations

** Warning unedited **

Chapter 10

• • •

    "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..." Edward Cullen murmured to Bella.

   I mentally rolled my eyes. How in the hell can he be in love and they just met like 30 minutes ago. This movie is so freaking stupid. But apparently my vampire history teacher felt like being lazy and putting on a movie for us.

   I mean hey I'm down for a movie. Anything that will keep me from learning something, but twilight? This is just wrong.

   All the girls in the room gushed. Nasty. I don't see how they find Edward Cullen attractive. He's just so...awkward throughout the whole movie.

   Mr. Michaels got up from his chair and paused the movie.

   "Okay it's work time. In three paragraphs I want you to write about how you feel about this movie so far. You will read it in front of class. Your grade will be based on presentation and creativeness." He said before going back to his chair.

   Yes. He cut the movie off. At least I don't have to watch it anymore, but I still don't want to do work.

   I looked around the room and saw everyone else were deep in their writing, so I decided to pick up my pen.

   After about 20 minutes of writing Mr. Michaels started calling us up one by one to read what we wrote. Ugh. Can't we just skip this part and turn in the paragraphs?

   "Okay good Grace. Luke your next." Mr. Michaels said pointing a boy with curly hair and big binoculars. I've never seen him in here before. He must be new.

   The boy stood up from his seat.

   He started reading his work and I was momentarily shocked. It was inspiration. He started using quotes from the movie like he had watched it  a thousand times. He was comparing and contrasting and doing almost ever thing they told us to do in middle school that I wasn't paying attention to.

   Once he was finished everyone clapped. He smiled and sat back down. Show off. Some of us didn't watch the movie a thousand times. Hell I barley watched the movie one time.

"Okay No-" Mr. Michaels started but was soon cut off by a knock on the door. He went to open it and Mr. Johnson and the vampire king stood in the door way.

I rolled my eyes. Him. Again? Why does it feel like I've been seeing him a lot lately?

Mr. Johnson went up to Mr. Michaels and whispered something in his ear. Mr. Michaels nodded and the vampire king and Mr. Johnson entered the class room.

Mr. Michaels clasped his hand together, "Okay class. Mr. Lions and Mr. Johnson will be observing the class for a while." He announced causing to class to start talking excitedly amongst themselves. I groaned loudly causing Mr. Michaels, Mr. Johnson and the vampire king to look at me.

I shrugged innocently at them. Mr. Michaels and Mr. Johnson looked away, But the vampire king kept looking at me with a smirk on his face. Weirdo.

Mr. Michaels cleared his throat trying to get our attention, "Okay settle down. Let's continue with the presentations. Miss Carter your up." Mr. Michaels announced smiling at me. I mentally groaned. Wipe that damn smile off your face Mr. Michaels.

The whole class looked at me with anticipation waiting for me to get up and read what I wrote. I rolled my eyes and got up.

"Please share what you wrote with us." Mr. Michaels said dumbly. Isn't that the reason I got up...to share.

I groaned earning a chuckle from the vampire king, "This movie is incredibly stupid. The characters have no real chemistry. It's a typical story they fall in love once they first see each other. It's unrealistic and misleading. The plot is off. You don't see where they fall in love. You just see them magically walking together huddled up like Fu-" I cut myself off when I realized I was about to say fuck buddies.

I mean that's what I wrote on paper but I don't think Mr. Michaels would appreciate me saying that in class. I looked at the vampire king who stared at me amused.

"I mean as romantic partners," I corrected causing the class to laugh, "And lets not mention how stupid this story actually is. I mean who goes out in the woods...alone...with someone they know is a vampire and could kill them. That's a little too bold if you ask me, and then they fall in love as soon as that part happens. Leaving me like Bish did I miss the scene where they got tog-" I trailed off not looking at my paper but was soon cut off by Mr. Michaels

"Rose read off your paper please." Mr. Michaels said strictly. I nodded. Damn. Now the vampire king really knows my name isn't Samantha Evans.

I looked at the vampire king who was looking at me intently.

"I feel like this story gives you a nonexistent sense of imaginary hope. Every thing about this story is wrong or sugar coated. Yeah it's a fairy tale. Buts it's only a fairy tale because it's all one big lie. Not because it's wonderful, hopeful, and romantic. But because the lies in the story shape it into it's own little...tale." I finished. I looked at Mr. Michaels who smiled at me.

Every one clapped and I sat my inspirational speaking ass down. I looked at the Vampire king who looked at me as he bit his lip. Damn. Why did that turn me on?

I snapped out of my train of thought when Mr. Michaels starting talking to me.

"That was wonderful Rose."

• • •

I know this chapter was short, but it was short for a reason because the next chapter is going to be super long, so I'm just trying to balance here. Thanks for reading this chapter remember to...

Fan!

Comment!

Vote!

Xoxo - Destiny jones