Memories and Roscha ~ Chapter twenty two

Chapter Twenty Two - Memories and Roscha

** Warning unedited **

Chapter 22

•                                     •                                       •

I remember when I was ten and I met a girl named lucky. She was a little chubby girl with hair as white as snow. We had instantly bonded. We played on the slides and swing sets together like we had been best friends for years. She was so nice and funny. I miss her. She was my first real friend.

  After that wonderful day at the park I never saw lucky again. I would beg my mother to take me to the park every day after that. I would go and wait for her on the slides for hours. But she never came. I always thought what if? What if she would have at least came one time while I was there? Would things be different? Would she be in my life? Would she be my best friend instead of Anna?

   I guess I'll never know. I'll always wonder what if?

   I guess why I'm trying to say is...fuck! What am I trying to say? I thought that if I kept going it would lead lead to some inspiration speech? Maybe this is just how my mind reacts to fear. By just blabbing on about something that leads to nothing.

   The vampire king grabbed me by my collar. Wait! He grabbed me by my collar he made me pay a dolla- dang it Rose. It's not the time for this.

    "You again," The vampire king spat, "I'm starting to dread your existence. You pathetic human. How much of that did you hear?" The vampire king demanded angrily. My eyes widened as his hands moved from my collar to my neck.

   "Wait," Zack quickly interject, "Don't hurt rose! She's my friend."

   The vampire king had his eyes glued to me making me feel uncomfortable under his tense stare.  He sighed and let me go.

   "One day I'll get her I swear." I heard him mumble under his breath. Well damn. He's already planning to attack me? Isn't this like his third time trying to kill me?

   "Thanks Zack." I breathed out straightening my shirt back out. Damn. He could be a little more gentle. This is one of my favorite shirts. I know he's rich but he doesn't have to go around fucking up my shit. Others don't have as much as he does.

"Who is she to you?" The vampire king asked directing his question to Zack.

Zack thought moment before smiling. The fuck? Why is he smiling when I almost died for like the third time?

"She's my ex-crush." He said with a shrug. I stayed there with a blank expression. If he had said that last year I would have at least been effected a little bit. But now I just don't care.

The vampire king looked genuinely surprised.

"You had a crush on that? That thing right there. This animal? This snake? This reptile? This predat-" The vampire king carried on but I stopped him in mid Sentence.

"Okay I think we get it! You can stop now!" I interrupted. Zack laughed and the vampire king smirked.

"You guys act like a married couple." Zack said looking back and forward between me and the vampire king. My eyes widened. The fuck!? Why would he say something like that?

"Oh hell no. I don't think married couples want to kill each other." I quickly protested. The vampire king made a stank face as he walked over to his desk.

Zack laughed, "Are you kidding? That's all married couples want to do! I ship you guys. Even if he tried to kill you. I'm going to make roscha work." He said grinning proudly. Roscha? What in the world is a Roscha?

I looked at the vampire king who looked just as confused as I was.

"What in the hell is a Roscha?" The vampire king asked causing me to laugh.

Zack rolled his eyes, "Your ship name. Rose and chase. Roscha." He explained. I laughed. He was bad at ship names. Really bad.

It was horrible but funny at the same time. This is why I like Zack he make's any awkward situation into a funny one. He's like the female version of me. But it's obvious he's trying to avoid the serious topic we need to discuss.

"Stop talking your way out of the situation. What are you hiding?" I asked looking at him curiously. A look of realization crossed his face and he became pale.

"Rose I'd rather not talk about it."

I rolled my eyes. Of course we were going to talk about it wether he liked it or not.

"You will tell me. You've already kept secrets from Anna do you want to keep secrets from me too?" I asked and shook his head no. I heard the vampire king groan but I ignored him completely.

Zack sighed, "Rose me and Chase have been best friend's since as long as I can remember. No one knew about our friendship except his brother Ashton." He explained and I nodded.

Still things don't add up. Their conversation was more detailed and intense than this. Theirs still some missing pieces.

"Okay," I nodded,"What about the doctors? What about the vampire turning conversation you guys had?" I asked curiously. Zack looked at the vampire king who looked pissed.

"Zack you don't have to tell her shit. It has nothing to do with her. She can just mind her own damn business." The vampire king protested angrily. Woah! Is he always this angry? Jeez I didn't even do anything yet.

Zack shook his head and looked back at me. Who would have knew his next words were going to break me entirely?

"Rose. I have cancer."

• • •

Oh my god! Zack has...cancer?!! Okay you learned that in like the second chapter but still this is some news to rose! God I think I'm going to cry. Cancer is no joke, and to anyone that's reading this that knows someone or has cancer I'm terribly sorry. No one deserves it. I think I'm going to end this note right here before I start crying.

Fan!

Comment!

Vote!

Xoxo - Destiny jones