Wounds and Kisses ~ Chapter Twenty three

Chapter Twenty Three - Wounds and kisses

** Waring unedited **

Chapter 23

•                                     •                                   •

   I could have sworn my heart stopped when I heard those words come out of his mouth. Cancer? Did he just say cancer?

   I took a seat in the desk closet to me as Zack and the vampire king looked at me cautiously.

   I just can't process this! Why didn't he tell me? Maybe if he would have told me...I-I would have spent more time with him instead of pushing him away.

   "Why?" Was all I said. Normally I wouldn't be so dramatic about things but this is serious. I have no other choice but to be dramatic. I just can't believe what I'm hearing.

   Zack looked at me with a confused expression.

   "Why what rose?" He asked siting in the desk next to me. His voice raised a little but I ignored it.

   I took in a breath, "Why didn't you tell me! I would have been there for you! I don't get why you feel like you have to hide things from me!" I shouted out angrily. I was angry at the entire World right now. I was angry at Zack for not telling me. I was angry at the vampire king for trying to kill me all the damn time. I was angry at the world for making this happen to Zack!

   Zack rolled his eyes and gave me a look of disbelief.

   "Oh really rose! You don't even talk to me any more! You could care less if I had cancer or not! You left me alone at a time I needed you the damn most! So don't tell me what I should have done! Like chase said it's none of your damn business!" Zack yelled storming out the room leaving me shocked.

   I've never seen Zack this angry before. It's a scary sight. He even told me that I wouldn't care if he had cancer. That hurt me. I care about Zack I really do but he pushed me away when he was going out with Emily. I always wanted to be Zack's friend. Hell I've always wanted to be with Zack. So to hear him say that I don't care hurts me truly.

    I looked at the vampire king who was silent throughout the whole argument.

   "Don't worry about it too much. Zack's probably just stressed out and decided to take it out on you." The vampire king told me reassuringly. Since when did he give out advice?

   I nodded.

   "I just can't believe he has cancer. We don't talk like we use to but I still care for him." I sighed as I got out the desk and walked over to the vampire king's desk. I sat on top of it. He looked at me cautiously.

   "I think he knows that. Rose he's never told me about you before but I know your a good friend to him. Just like I know you wounded his heart. Rose he's never blew up at someone the way he blew up at you." The vampire king said looking me dead in the eyes his voice was hesitant.

   Damn. I didn't know how bad I needed him to say my name until now. He made my name sound so...beautiful when he said it.

   I'm surprised he's actually being nice to me for once and isn't acting like a condescending and irritating jerk.

  "I don't know what I did to him. How can I wound someone's heart and I don't even know what I did? If anything he wounded my heart. He pushed me away. Not the other way around." I mumbled softy but it was still loud enough for the vampire king to hear. A single tear drop rolled down my eyes.

   Fuck! I'm crying in front of the vampire king! I'm so weak!

   I brung my hand up to wipe the tear from my eyes but the vampire king caught my hand and held it.

   "Listen. From what I saw your a strong girl and I know that you will continue being strong. You are just having a minor downfall in your life. I promise things will get better sooner. Just stop trying to act like things are fine when things really aren't. Just stop." He said squeezing my hand. I bit my lip to hold back from letting more tears fall.

   Since when was he so sweet?

   "Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked curiously. He let go of my hand quickly and shook his head. What? Did I say something wrong?

   "I don't know." He looked in my eyes as if he was searching for my soul. It was intense but I held his stare. Just like I did the first time I saw him.

  "Weren't you just trying to kill me?" I asked another question. He said nothing. He looked...weird. He didn't have his normal blank expression on. His face wasn't blank at all. He had a look of pure...admiration on his face. He got up from his chair and walked to the other side of his desk were I was currently sitting.

   I stood up and got off his desk when he came towards me. When he reached the other side of the desk he grabbed my cheek and stroked it with his fingers.

   "W-what are you doing?" I asked nervously. What in the hell is he doing? God I think I'm about to faint. He smells so...good. He needs to step back a few feet. I don't think I can handle being This close to him. I looked at him curiously waiting for him to answer my question.

   "I don't know."

   That was all he said before he leaned in and pressed his lips on mine.

•                                      •                                  •

Oh my freaking god! I know they did not just kiss! Oh my freaking god! He kissed her! Oh god I think I'm going to fall out. Lol. Read the next chapter to find out how Rose reacts to the kiss...remember to...

Fan!

Comment!

Vote!

Xoxo - Destiny jones