Protests and Confessions ~ Chapter Thirty two

Chapter thirty two - Protests and Confessions

(Photo of Rose's kitchen)

** Waring unedited **

Chapter 32

•                                  •                                      •

   "Please come in. Do not touch anything." I said as soon as me and the vampire king entered my house. I took off my jacket and hung it on the coat rack.

    He didn't speak. Instead he just followed me to the kitchen. Once we entered the kitchen he sat down in one of the stools and took out his phone. Rude! He could at least pay me some attention. Not that I want his attention but it would be nice to have some form of company. Not just someone that is in my house just to be here.

    "So...do you want anything to eat?" I asked curiously. Wait. Do vampires eat human food as well? I really, really need to start paying more attention in class. He looked up from his phone and gave me a quick glance before looking back down at his phone again.

   "What can you cook?" He asked still looking down at his phone. Damn. I wonder what he's looking at that's so fucking important.

   I thought for a moment. Is this a good time to mention I don't cook.

   "Hmm...Let's see. I cook cereal, oatmeal, sandwiches, hotdogs, toast, and that's about it." I shrugged. He laughed and shook his head.

   "I'm good. UnFortunately I'm not hungry for human food." He said still scrolling through his phone. I'm fighting the temptation to just snatch it out his hand and see what's got him so damn distracted.

   "Okay...what are you doing?" I asked curiously. I couldn't help but ask. He's been basically ignoring me this whole time and it's killing me to be left clueless. I can't help it. I'm a noisy person.

   He looked up from his phone and gave me that ole so famous vampire smirk.

   "Don't worry about it human." He responded as he shoved his phone back in his pocket. I sighed. At least he's off his phone now.

   "The lights will be off soon. I'm surprised the Generator is still working." I said with a small sigh. No lights great! Because it's not like things come after you in the dark. I mean there's only one or two movies about psycho pathic ghost coming out to get you. No biggie.

The vampire king took in my expression and smirked.

"Are you afraid of the dark?" He asked with a small chuckle. I rolled my eyes. Bish please! I'm not afraid of the dark....okay maybe a little.

    "I'm not afraid of the dark. I'm afraid of the scary things that come out when is dark." I protested angrily. How dare he say I'm afraid of the dark.

   He put his hands up in defense.

   "Okay no need to get angry. It was just a question." He said with an amused expression. For a king he sure doesn't act like one. He's probably at the school more than he's at his own castle.

   "Whatever." I said as I grabbed a box of fruity pebbles off the counter. I grabbed a bowl and a spoon and started to pour the fruity pebbles in the bowl. The vampire king just sat there watching me.