Quality and responsibility ~ Chapter Thirty five

Chapter Thirty five - Quality and responsibility

** Warning unedited **

Chapter 25

• • •

My freaking mother is here! Oh shit! Oh shit. I looked at the vampire king (who looked unfazed) as he stood there looking at me cautiously.

I quickly got up from the bed and tried to shove the vampire king in my closet. Key word tried. He didn't budge one bit. Stupid vampire strength always ruining my plans.

"Get your ass in the closet." I whispered to the vampire king angrily. What? I wasn't going to let him get me in more trouble with my mother. Detention is one thing but having a male over while she isn't there is another. I'll get my ass kicked if she see's him.

The vampire king looked at me with a confused expression.

"Why?"

I looked at him like he was a bicycle with six wheels. Seriously! Didn't he just hear my mother.

"My mother's home. Get. In. The. Closet." I demanded. The vampire king looked at me with a amused expression. I don't get why he finds my situation amusing.

"Rose who are you talking to up there! I'm coming up!" I heard my mother scream from downstairs.

My eyes widened as I looked at the vampire king with a desperate look. He stood there like a statue.

His dark brown eyes glistening in amusement.

"I'll get in the closet of you admit that you like me." He said with a smirk dancing on his lips. What! Seriously? He's going to try and make me say I like him?

"No."

I could hear my mother's footsteps getting closer. Shit! She was almost here.

"You might want to reconsider your answer."

Okay I've made my decision. I officially hate the vampire king now. That stupid prick is going to get me caught!

I could hear my mother's footsteps getting closer. Dammit! Lord please forgive me for what I'm about to say.

"Okay fine. I like you. Are you happy now?" I whispered angrily. The vampire king smirked but still stayed in the same spot.

"Actually I'm very happy you admitted that to yourself." He teased as he walked to my closet door. He entered the closet and shut the door. I let out a quiet sigh as soon as he left my vision.

He had pretty good timing too because my mother walked in a few seconds later.

"Hey sweetie!" She exclaimed excitedly.

I smiled at her and tried to forget the fact that there was a black haired vampire in my closet.

"Hey mom why are you so...happy?" I asked curiously. She rolled her eyes and closed the door.

"I'm always happy but if you must know I'll tell you. I have a date. A date rose. I haven't gone on one of those in a long time."

I smiled, pleased with the news. My mother has not gone on a real date since her and my father had broken up. Long story short he cheated and that broke her into pieces. She loved him to death but sadly he didn't return those feelings. They were together for about ten years after I was born.

That was until he decided to make a very bad decision that would change my life completely.

"A date? That's great mom! I'm happy to see that you're getting your groove back." I cheered happily.

My mother smiled, "That means a lot Rose. Ever since you're dad left I've been so...depressed. I loved him very much but I think it's time I stop thinking about him and start thinking about myself. We are both focused on completely different things. He's focused on Julie and I'm focused on you. You are my number one priority and I'm sorry that I've been slacking off on my responsibilities as a parent."

I cringed when I heard the word Julie. Did she have to ruin that beautiful speech by speaking the name of the devil?

I scoffed,"You were not slacking. You are the best mom ever. Never forget that. Yeah you've had so issues in past but you've overcome them. Despite anything that you think you did wrong you know you're the perfect parent."

My mom smiled and embraced me in a tight hug.

"Thank you so much sweetie!"

I giggled as I laid my head upon her shoulder. These are the moments I love. I barley get to see my mom because she works so much. She does what she can to provide for the two of us and I thank her for it. I just wish she didn't have to work herself so hard.

When my dad left my mom decided she needed a better job that has better income. She knew that her full time job at the diner was not going to pay enough to provide for us. So...she worked really hard and did what she had to do (which required a lot of college courses) and became a nurse.

"No thank you for always being there for me."

See I can be sweet. People think that I'm all laughs and jokes but I have a sensitive side. I might not show it very often but I have a sensitive side.

"Rose?" My mom asked suddenly breaking away from our hug And some quality mother and daughter time if you ask me.

I pulled away and looked at her confused.

"Yes mom?"

Her eyes traveled to the closet door. What? I didn't look back not once. I was too afraid of what I was going to see when I turned back.

"Why is there a handsome black haired boy in your closet? More importantly why is the vampire king in your closet?" She asked giving me a pointed look.

My eyes widened.

Shit! I. Got. Caught.

I gave my best innocent look.

"Umm...he broke in?"

• • •