Chapter 3 | Seven Whole Days

Semaj's POV

Michael slid from underneath one side of my body and I tossed my hair over my shoulder as I stretched and smiled at him. "Where you going?" I asked softly and Michael laughed, looking back at me.

"Ain't you done? We been at this for a little minute," he smiled, nodding toward the digital clock on the nightstand that read 3:56am before he stood up to put on a pair of boxers.

I rolled over to his side revealing the top half of my naked body and grasped his hand before he could walk away. "It's been months and I've been a very faithful wife waiting for her husband to return to fulfill her sexual desires. So no I need more."

He sat down, freeing his hand so it could snake around the back of my neck where he gently pulled me up. He pecked my lips, "I missed you too," then he kissed me. A long and passion-filled one that left no prisoners. I bit down on his bottom one before he pulled away, laughing.

"But I'm going to be bathroom if you ain't gonna mind." He replied smartly and I kissed my teeth and playfully mushed his big head in the opposite direction of my face. I rolled back the other way, the covers shifting, revealing my naked body and Michael-an opportunist- slapped my behind twice.

I quickly rolled, laughing with him as I watched him walk towards the bathroom. I sighed heavily, looking up at the ceiling before my eyes roamed around the room. I couldn't believe Michael had bought us a house and in California nonetheless. We had this big old house that we would make and call our home. Where we would grow old and gray together and I couldn't think of anything better than that.

I couldn't wait to tell the girls and Jay. I knew he'd be happy to know that I'd be living in his home state. He ranted and raved about California so much in the years I'd known him that I always joked about how I'd never live there just because he made it too good to be true, but now it was actually happening. After graduation I'd be packing up my things and moving to the other side of the U.S.

Michael came out of the bathroom and the bed shifted as he got in and lied down next to me. I cuddled next to him repositioning myself as I was before he got up. I was leaning into him, my head resting on my shoulder, as the right side of my naked body pressed against his. My thigh thrown over his lower half.

His hand rubbed my thigh sending chills up my spine as my head rose and fell with the movements of his chest. "You know what we should get?" I asked, making circles on the other side of his chest with my finger.

"What?"

"A mirror on the ceiling. Shelby is always reading these nasty-very nasty- black urban books. Though the plots are mediocre and very predictable, sometimes, the sex scenes aren't that bad."

Michael laughed, "you read one or something?"

"More like flipped through. They aren't my taste, but one of them did have a mirror on the ceiling in the bedroom and it got me thinking. I figured it's something you might like."

Michael pushed my thigh over, shifting our position quickly so that I was lying flat on my back, his face hovering over mine, and his hand in between my legs. "If you wanted to see what I do to you you coulda just told me. We coulda easily took this in the bathroom and on the sink. Or the side of the bathtub so you could get a better look through the mirrors."

I moaned feeling the pressure of his fingers moving inside of me. "I know, but, just think about the mirror." I replied in a whisper before his head was moving down to connect his lips to mine.

***

When I walked into the kitchen a good twelve hours laters Michael was setting out the takeout containers of whatever food he'd left me to go and get while I was sleeping. "It ain't Benny's, but it's the next best thing," he said turning the In-N-Out Burger bag in my direction.