Chapter 25 | Pain

Okay, so I'm trying something new and we're going to see an old face from the first book return.
Also, this chapter is going to be written in 3rd person omniscient to refrain from constantly switching between Michael and Semaj's POVs.
I know it's weird to change POVs considering (since the 2nd book at least) the story has only been told in first person from either Michael or Semaj's POV.

ALSO: This chapter contains a dream sequence. I know to some people who read books (outside of wattpad) dream sequences can be annoying and/or unrealistic. WELL, this is fanfiction and I'm dramatic, so I'm going to have one in this. #Sorrynotsorry

Enjoy!

Aaron

***

Lina turned and looked at the clock. 9:20pm. It had been over an hour since she dropped Semaj off and she had texted her not one, not two, but three times.

The first time to tell her to call her when her conversation with Jason ended, the second to tell her they made it home safely, and the third to ask if Jason was still there.

Neither of those times had she gotten a reply back and she knew her cousin... Semaj would've replied.

It was wrong to think that maybe something happened, but Lina felt uneasy and kept checking the clock and the phone that sat on the counter next to her as she washed the last few dishes she'd used from the day.

Tucker had said he would do it for, but it helped ease her nerves though she wasn't really sure where they came from.

"Fuck it," she mumbled and snatched her hands out of the water, dropping the plastic cup she was cleaning and shook the suds off her hands.

She didn't even bother wiping her hands dry as she picked up her phone, unlocked it, and called Semaj.

Hey! Semaj's perky voice came through the other end. You've reached Semaj. I can't come to the phone right now so- Lina hung up the phone and left out of the kitchen, going into the living room where Tucker half-ass dressed in his suit was sitting on the couch with an XBOX game controller in his hand and NBA 2K on the screen. Next to him was his brother Aaron and their two friends Shoop and Dennis.

Tucker looked back when Lina tapped his shoulder. He paused the game and the other three looked up at her too.

"I need y'all to ride with me somewhere," she said, and Tucker's brows knitted together.

"Wassup?" Aaron asked, leaning forward in the chair he was sitting in. "You good?"

"Yeah but... I been tryna call Semaj and she ain't answering."

"Man, she probably gettin' dicked down." Tucker said. "Ain't you say ole dude was her nigga?"

Lina kissed her teeth and looked down at her boyfriend. "No, the fuck I ain't say rebound was her boyfriend. I said he was a rebound and she wouldn't be messin with him like that anyway because her and Michael gettin back together."