Chapter 38 | Only For You

7 1/2 weeks later

Semaj's POV

I loved my babies, and I was doing everything I possibly could for them, but I knew that if I stayed tucked in the hospital bed for one more day, I was going to lose my mind.

I barely had any adult interaction now that everyone had been long gone since Christmas and usually, I would have Lina to talk to, but she and Tucker were dealing with a newborn and I didn't want to bother her every day all day with my senseless boredom.

But I couldn't lie, I enjoyed talking to her, because who would've ever thought Lina's mean self could have a soft spot for someone other than herself?

Yet, when her son was born, I saw a completely different side to the tough and aggressive person I'd known all my life.

Janet and Simone were young adults, just passed the cusp of teenager-ism, so the last thing they wanted to do was stay on the phone with me or visit all day. Even though they had taken it upon themselves to over-over-extend their stay in California.

Of course, my parents couldn't care less about Simone's whereabouts and she didn't care to tell them either. And Kat didn't mind Janet being away, as long as she was with us, of course.

But I know they were driving Michael crazy, because whenever they came to visit, he looked completely fed up with them.

It was actually really hilarious.

I wasn't talking to either of my parents and sometimes my girlfriends were busy, but they checked in when they could.

Then when Michael was around, he was either tending to Camille (when she wasn't with Camry), working, or being a pain in my ass.

I loved him and I was grateful for everything he was doing for me, and sacrificing, but if he cursed out one more health professional I would snap. It was so embarrassing.

All of that left me adult-less and the only entertainment being myself, the highlight of my day (at least for the first hour or two) being when I heard him walk into the room after five or six hours by myself.

I thought about defying the rules and recommendations of both the doctor and Michael and getting up from my bed-and I was almost about to too-when I felt one of the twins shift; and either they were stretching under my left ribcage or just moving by it, either way, it hurt like hell.

The pain lingered as I gently pressed my fingers at the area to get them to move. When I felt an annoyed kick at my poking, I knew that was Twin A.

Twin A was more like Michael; constantly on the move, never wanting to sleep, and if I annoyed them too much-like I was doing then by poking around at the space they were trying to get comfortable in-they'd send a kick to let me know I was bothering them.

Meanwhile their sibling, Twin B, was more like me; calm, happy, and was only up when it was absolutely necessary. And if they did something that mommy didn't like, and I gave them a little poke or press then they'd stop.

Michael seemed to think it was all in my head-the babies actually listening to me-but I knew they both heard and understood what I was trying to tell them.

"Let's have a day where I don't feel you pushing my organs a thousand ways, okay?" I gently asked Twin A, hoping that my politeness would let them have a little mercy on my body today.

I heard the door click open and I perked up thinking it was Michael, but it was only the 2nd shift nursing coming in to "introduce" herself.

Though it much less an introduction and more of a check-in because I had been in the hospital for almost two months and had practically met every maternity nurse on the floor.