Chapter 8 | Foolish

See my days are cold without you, but I'm hurting while I'm with you.
***

One month later - October

Michael's POV

"Wait, wait. They're doing it again!" Semaj yelled excitedly and I watched as I held the camera in one hand, leveled right at her rounded stomach. "Baby give me your hand."

I smiled at the computer screen, sitting at the desk in my office. "Shit slow down baby," I heard my voice in the background of the recording as Semaj moved my hand all over her stomach since it seemed our baby was bouncing from one end to another. I remembered that day all too well.

"You feel it?" her soothing voice was like music to my ears. Then and now.

The camera that I was holdin' in the video panned up, setting on Semaj's vibrant face. She was smilin' from ear to ear just like I was behind the camera. She still had a firm grip on my wrist, but I remembered not carin'. Lovin' the feel of knowing that she was carrying our first child. Excited was an understatement. Happy didn't come close to describe what we were feeling at the time.

"I feel it," I responded to her. "Damn I love you, girl."

Semaj giggled and I watched as I pulled her to me in the video. And I remembered that I kissed her. I laughed because I could hear it too.

"Mike stop. You still have the camera rolling," she laughed and pushed me back. "I'm hungry. Can we go get some food?"

The camera was back on Semaj's face and I heard my voice in the background, "you payin'?"

I watched those pretty brown eyes roll in mock annoyance. Then I watched those lips pout. "You gonna let me and your baby starve?"

"Nah baby," I heard myself behind the camera through laughs. "I got you."

I leaned back in the desk chair watching as I kept the camera on Semaj as she got ready. Wobblin' around the room occasionally lookin' back to give the camera one of her big and pretty smiles. I couldn't help but to smile back at my laptop screen when she did.

"Daddy's going to get us food little one. Appetizer, main course, dessert, all that." Semaj hopped on the bed and held her hands out for the camera and I must have gave it to her because soon she had the camera on me as I put her sandals on her feet. "Isn't that right Daddy?"

"Anything for y'all ." I replied back, looking up with a smile. Semaj flipped the camera on her and sighed dramatically which made me laugh as I sat at my desk and watched it.

"He's amazing. Future daughters if you're watching this get a man like daddy. Future sons be a man like daddy. Okay?" Soon the camera was out of Semaj's hands because it panned out and then I guess I turned it on me.