Chapter 6 | Love is Pain

When did you realize that addiction was your life?

The first time I pushed it through my veins
The hug it gave me, I never experienced in my life
It wouldn't let me go
***

Michael's POV

I pulled through the gates and to the front door of the house, but instead of Semaj's hellcat, I saw a black Honda in the roundabout, but the lights inside were on so I assumed Semaj was inside and with whoever was visiting. She was known to pull her car in during the weekend. I took a second to get my words together. To try not to be angry. To try to understand where Semaj was comin' from before I got out of the car.

I ain't wanna argue. Nor did I wanna leave this house without knowing the next step between my wife and I. Whether at the end of this she was still my wife or if we were just gon walk away... And even though part of me wanted to turn around and continue my extended stay at the Four Seasons, part of me wanted to walk in the house and talk to my wife.

So I did and heard the sound of colliding dishes from the kitchen once I was inside. But it wasn't Semaj standing at the sink with her hands in dishwater, but actually Lina. Her phone was propped against the toaster to her left and she was on FaceTime with somebody, but when I kissed my teeth she turned in my direction.

The smile that was on her face fell and her tongue ran across her top set of teeth, releasing a kissing sound. "Tuck lemmecallyouback."

She shook her hands free of suds and ended her call. I shook my head and took a deep breath, "I ain't in the mood Lina. Where my wife at?"

"Your wife, nigga? Oh no honey we goin' to draw them divorce papers tomorrow."

"What the hell you talkin' about some divorce papers? Stay in your damn place Lina. You only know half the story."

"Yo Mike I ain't like one of these Beverly Hills bitches that's easily silenced by the size of your bank account. We grew up in the same hood so don't play me like no dummy." She grabbed the wet kitchen knife from drying rack and took a couple steps toward the island in the middle of the kitchen. "Now calm yourself down. I know both sides. Semaj was wrong for what she did to you, but for you to go and cheat on her?"

"Right 'cuz I cheated then I'm in the dog house? But yet she can abort my baby and lie to my fucking face about it and I'm supposed to let it go and understand cuz she had a damn miscarriage?!"

"Yes!"

"We had a fucking miscarriage!" I replied with the anger and hurt I was desperately tryna shed before walking into the house, but Lina brought it out of me. "Everybody seems to fucking forget that I was there for every doctors appointment, every event, working my ass off to provide for my child and my wife! Yet it was take care of Semaj, make sure Semaj is good, how is Semaj. I lost my damn daughter too but don't nobody fucking see that shit do y'all?!"

Lina's jaw and clenched and she folded her arms. "Michael..."

"Nah don't Michael me. I have stood by Semaj through all of it. Everything. And I never pushed her. I never forced her to do anything she wasn't ready for. But she went behind my back and did the grimiest thing you could ever do to someone you're supposed to love."

"And then you went and cheated on her... and with Cam... your damn friend."

I looked up at the ceiling and laughed, shaking my head. "Where is Semaj?"