Chapter 34 | A Second Chance At Life

Sooo, don't even get y'all hopes up, yeah? Yeah. 💀

Also: if you read YNMKOG I put a new chapter up but I don't think the notifications for it are showing up, so... yeah lol.

***
Loving you gave me something new
That I never felt
Never dreamed of
Somethings changed though it's not the feeling I had before
Oh, it's much much more
***

Semaj's POV

When I got home from work a couple days later, I walked into a house filled with loud R&B music and the smell of a home cooked meal.

Now usually I was the one cooking dinner, at least most of the time, as Michael was always at his office late but today was a change and a smile came on my face as I shut the door behind me.

I walked toward the kitchen where Michael's back was to me, but it was easy to hear him showcase those vocals I didn't get to hear that often as he sang along to L.T.D.'s Love Ballad.

I looked over, catching sight of Mimi as she sat in her highchair playing with the small pile of cut up strawberries in front of her, but then she noticed me and called out the best pronunciation of my name she could muster.

Michael had turned his head to her the makings of a smile on his face as he kept singing, getting Camille's attention, turning slowly and then stopping abruptly when he saw me standing there.

"Well don't stop now," I smiled as I walked fully into the kitchen. "You were just getting to the best part."

He laughed, shaking his head while trying hard to mask his embarrassment. Michael didn't sing often, even though he had a beautiful voice, so when I actually got a chance to hear it I never wanted it to stop.

"You like to hear daddy sing Mimi?" I asked and she nodded her head yes. "I know, I do too."

Michael shook his head obviously embarrassed before coming around the counter to kiss my lips. "What you creepin' for?"

"I'm not," I laughed. "This is my house I don't have to creep. You just got caught slipping."

"Slippin', huh?" His hand cupped either side of my face as I nodded. "Feeling better?"

I nodded again. I had been under the weather the last few days with a fever, excruciating headache, and the inability to keep anything down.

This morning was the first time I was able to eat and not see the contents of my food in the toilet an hour later. I knew it was my anxiety messing with me being that I had to be on a plane come Monday morning back to Louisiana.

"Much. When I came in the food didn't make me queasy."

He smiled, "good."

"Where are the girls?" I turned, looking around the kitchen. "Did they pack their bags yet?"

"They're upstairs with Levee."

My eyes widened, lifting my eyebrows. In a tone that unveiled my disapproval, I said, "with Levee? Again?"

It was the fourth time since they'd met which was last week that Levee had been over, and I noticed particularly that him and Simone were getting closer than him and Janet.

Michael looked up with a face that said, uh yeah. So, I asked, "and you don't have a problem with this?"

"Nah, Levee know better."

"Michael."

"Sey," he mocked my tone, looking at me with a smile on his face. I smirked, folding my arms.