Chapter 27 | For The Love Of Him

👀👀👀
Semaj and Cam come face-to-face since chapter fifteen I believe. ENJOYYYY.
***

Semaj's POV

August rolled around like nobody's business. After the run in with my parents I didn't see my father again the rest of the week I was in the hospital, but then again, I didn't expect to see him. He was doing what he did best and that was walking away.

My mother, however, came more than she should've each time trying to subtly hint at the fact that me going back to California was pointless. And each time I ignored her.

So, when time came for me to leave after four and a half weeks of being in the hospital I was jumping for joy, figuratively speaking, of course.

Simone and Samia were sad to see me go but I wrote on my board and told her I promised I would fly her out to Cali once I was better as long as she kept it a secret.

She'd used her fingers to zip her mouth closed and made me pinky promise. I did just that and sent her back to my mother who had been waiting on the opposite side of hospital room talking on the phone. She was trying to convince my father to come and say goodbye, but I couldn't care less if he did or didn't.

Michael and I were ecstatic to say our final goodbyes to both my family (mostly my mother) and his family-who hadn't done much hovering-but were still concerned and awfully nosy as to whether Michael and I were back together.

I was fine with him telling people that we were going to try again and if I could've spoken at the time then I would've. But I could sense his happiness knowing that I was coming home with him. He couldn't help but to tell me the few renovations he'd had done to the house. To baby proof it, but to also make it better.

So, we didn't waste another day in New Orleans. I was discharged that afternoon with papers of specialist doctors in Los Angeles and Michael and I were on the company plane that evening heading back to L.A.

I wondered if he was going to go and pick up Camille since he hadn't seen her (at that time) in a little over a month, but he drove us straight from the airport to the house. And since I was so doped up on pain killers since my jaw was killing me during the flight I couldn't put up much of an argument.

I just remembered waking up to a set of brown eyes staring right into mine. Mimi had crawled-or rather walked in a very stumble-like fashion-into Michael and I's master bedroom and pulled herself up at the edge of my side of the bed.

It scared the mess out of me to see a little person before me who wasn't here when I went to sleep. Then I remembered Michael rushing into the bedroom as if someone had screamed fire and stopped dead in his tracks. Camille had turned to look at her dad before laughing and falling down on her butt, so she could turn around and crawl over to him.

"Mimi," he'd told her, bending down to scoop her up. "Sey is trying to sleep and you 'posed to stay wit me."

I chuckled through my still-wired mouth. He was talking to her as if she was going to actually listen or completely understand.

The master bedroom was on the ground floor down the small hallway that lead from the kitchen, so it was easy for her to access without having to go up and down stairs which I noticed Michael had blocked with wooden baby gates when we'd come in.

It felt weird to hear a baby in the house and to also see how Michael interacted with Mimi. It was so much different than when he was on the phone.

But for some odd reason, considering at that time Michael hadn't seen Mimi in person for over a month, she didn't even stay the entire day. As soon as I'd woken up it seemed that they left for him to take her back to Cam. I was confused and not sure if it was Michael's doing or Camry's.