Chapter 36 | Troubles/ Not Okay... I

IM NOT A DOCTOR.
-BBB❤️
***

"Dear Lord, can you take it away
This pain in my heart that follows me by day
And at night it stalks me like the shadows on my wall..."

- A. K. 2001

Feels like the world is closing on me
Feels like my dreams will never come to me
I keep on slipping deeper into myself
And I'm scared, so scared

***

DECEMBER

Semaj's POV

"I don't think daddy would like me to buy this for you," I chuckled as Mimi held on to the sugary box of baby shark cereal.

I had pushed the cart over to the side to get it out the middle of aisle while I looked at what kind of oatmeal I wanted to buy, and she'd gotten handsy and grabbed the family size box of cereal.

I highly doubted she actually wanted it to eat, but instead was interested in what was printed on the box.

They looked like a knock off Fruit Loops, but either way Michael would have a cow if I bought it, yet her small hands clenched the box and the smile on her face forced me to nod my head.

I was a sucker for Mimi, and she knew it, because that smile widened, and she brought the box closer to her.

"But we have to hide it okay, 'cause daddy might just curse Maji out about it," I chuckled, imagining Michael trying to scold me for buying the cereal.

He wasn't overly strict when it came to Camille's eating habits, but he was cautious and conscience about what he allowed her to eat.

He'd done the same with me since the beginning of the pregnancy and especially now since I was starting to feel the woes of carrying twins.

Now at 15-weeks I had swollen extremities, my blood pressure was-in my opinion slightly higher than normal-but in Michael's opinion higher than it should be and my occasional headaches had slowly start to become an everyday thing.

I would be lying if I said my pregnancy was going perfect because some days I felt awful, but I'd had ups and downs when carrying Summer, some of the symptoms close to what I had now so I tried not to be to worrisome about it.

However, Michael said that if my blood pressure continued to be high for the next couple days then he was taking me to see the doctor.

I didn't argue with it because it had been irregularly high, but when I researched it a slightly higher BP during pregnancy with twins was common. Not to mention that other factors added onto it such as stress, what I ate, and what I did throughout the day.

Which is why I decided to take the initiative and do some non-strenuous exercising and what better way to do that then walk around the store? Though that didn't help with my eating habits.

When Michael was around, I ate healthier, but let him leave and I was pulling a couple of Babe Ruth's out my snack bag I had hidden away.

My cellphone rang in my purse, so I pulled it out answering it once I noticed it was Michael. "Hello?"

"I get home and you nor my child is here," he chuckled. "Where you at, Sey?"

"Oh, just at the store." I said turning the cart down the next aisle.

"Again? You was just at the store yesterday."

"I know," I said looking in the cart full of things that I'd gotten from Target's home section that I know we didn't need, but it was too cute to pass up. "I needed a couple more things."