Chapter 15: Nighttime

Rapunzel's POV

That night, I tossed and turned, and couted sheep all the way to one hundred, but I still couldn't sleep. Finally, I got out of bed pulled my converse on and a sweatshirt on over my 'Keep Calm and Sleep On' Pants and left the dorm, only making a little note of the fact that Merida's bed was empty as well. I crept out of the dorm building, and into the main building of the school, and I crept all the way to the training room. I opened one of the double doors just a tad, but found that someone was already in the training room. Eugene.

"Who's there?" He asked with a little worry in his voice

"Calm down, it's just me, Rapunzel" I said

"Oh" Eugene said. He had a spear in his hand and he had been training with the unmoving targets.

"What are you doing here"

"What are you doing here" We asked at the same time

"You go first"

"You go first" We said again together

"Stop copying me"

"Stop co-" I put my hand over Eugene's mouth, so that I could actually hear.

"Okay, what are you doing here?" I asked

"Training" Eugene said in a 'duh' kind of voice

"At night" I asked raising an eyebrow

"Well, you're up too" He countered

"Fine, but that's because I couldn't sleep" I defended

"I couldn't sleep either" Eugene said

"Well.. you want to train together?" I asked

"Sure" Eugene said. We both grabbed weapons; Eugene took three spears and I took my boomerang knives. We both stood at least fifteen feet away from the target and started trowing our weapons.

"Do you want to switch weapons and see what we can do?" I asked

"Sure" He answered. He walked over to where I was and took the knives out of my hand, then he gave me the spear, and postioned my hands on it. Then he grabbed my shoulders and turned me so that I would have better aim. I could tell that I was turning pink a little bit, and I saw that Eugene was blushing a little too.

"Alright, now throw" Eugene instructed. I followed his instructions and almost hit the target in the heart.

"That's alright" Eugene said kindly "I didn't get it on the first throw either" I nodded and picked up my knives and handed them to Eugene.

"Alright, these are a little easier, but you want to hold it like this.." I placed his hands on it the right way and let him throw it. It was so close to the heart of the target. He threw the next one and it landed dead center.

"Woah" I said

"Yeah.. these are a bit easier, but I'll stick with my spears, I think you're the only one who can make these things look cool" He said and smiled a very genuine smile at me.

"That has got to be the nicest thing you have ever said to me" I said jokingly. He smirked at me as we shared a laugh. The rest of the night we had races on the rock wall, and had races all around the training room. We played some more, and before I knew it, I was back in my dorm in a deep, deep sleep.

Merida's POV (This happens while Rapunzel is at the training room)

I was out in the courtyard, my favorite place on the entire campus, besides the training room, of course. I shot an arrow at another tree and I was about to go and get it when I heard a weird sound. Then Toothless, Hiccup's dragon popped out of nowhere.

"Hiccup, what are you doing here?" I hissed

"I'm not here" He answered

"Haha, very funny" I said sarcastically.

"I was just out riding Tootheless." He said

"I was practicing shooting, until your dragon showed up" I said, trying to sound mad, but failing miserably.

"Want to ride Toothless?" He asked

"I most certainly will not ride Toothless" I retorted

"Well too bad, because you're going to come along" Hiccup said, pulling my hand so that I was right next to Tootheless. Hiccup pulled me on so that I was right behind him and then he kicked off.

"Aah!" I squealed, gripping on to Hiccup, but then I relaxed as I got used to it. I even let go of Hiccup at one point to touch the clouds.

"This is so cool!" I exclaimed. Hiccup chuckeled, andI had to agree, it was reaally fun. I guess this was one of the benefits of nighttime.

Yay, a long chapter! Sorry for any mistakes, I'll edit it later. Thanks for reading and voting!