Chapter 36

(A/n: I don't know how long it has been since I uploaded to any story but it has been a long while. And I'm sorry. I have just been having a lot of emotional problems. But I should be okay for now. Oh and I also had to have surgery on my foot and I can barely walk 😂😂) "now back to the story lol"

As you and Jisung began to walk forward the noises were making your skin crawl and the smells were repulsing. You looked over to Jisung, "So... you come here often?"

"Yes, actually quite ofte.... wait? What kind of question is that? Of course I come here often, it's literally my job."

You shook your head, "Sorry, just trying to make small talk to distract myself."

"Oh, ok"

"So Jisung, how many people have did this before?"

He scrunched his face in thought for a moment, "Thousands, I'm not really sure anymore.

"So no ones been able to succeed? What makes it so hard?"

Jisung was silent for a moment causing you to look towards him.

"Usually killed by a horrid beast or some other difficult task." he said.

"Horrid beast? Like what?"

"Like cyclops, dragons, sirens, ogres, and Medusa."

"Wait?! Medusa. Like the Medusa." You say surprised.

"Yeah, She was quite the beauty until she broke her celibacy and married Poseidon."

You hummed in response. ~Wow things were truly messed up back then.~

As if he knew what you were thinking he said. "Life back then was very different than it is now. However their lives then was just what they were used to. The gods do a lot to keep theses creatures secret from the human society over the years, as they caused chaos. Eventually erasing the important things and leaving behind only myths."

"Good choice, but still. Dragons exist. I mean after the dinosaurs they had to be out there somewhere, right?"

Jisung watched you in amusement and you rambled on. Eventually he began to smile which went unnoticed by you.

All of this was so interesting to you, you were being introduced to things you didn't know existed.

But new things also strike fear. So demons exist? Ghosts too? How about other horrid monsters? Was it really all that safe on earth or even Olympus for that matter.

Again Jisung to the rescue, "But many of those creatures were defeated long ago. Few remain in hiding. It would be rare for you or anyone you know to be attacked by a mythological creature."

Jisung also wanted to say. ~However the creatures that still exist down here are even worse than you could possibly imagine.~ But he quickly decided against that.

The two of you began to walk in silence and you thought about what you had discussed, when you suddenly had another question.

"How were the creatures defeated? I mean if so many people came down here only to fail and die, then how are the creatures dead too?"

Jisung looked over at you and chuckled.