Part 1

Set when they are kids.
Your point of view:

I sit staring at the rusted metal clock on my wall like I always do when the others are away. Just waiting..and waiting for the others to get back from the mission. 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7 all seem to have something to do on these but I'm not even allowed to leave the house. Our 'father' says it's because I'm dangerous. I'm not, I have full control over my abilities. He just wants to watch me, monitor everything I do  when all I want is to be free. Or at least to join the others on the missions. For now all I'm allowed to do is train with them.

*The others arrive home*
...There goes the peace and quiet that I hate so much. For me the quiet usually means being bored and alone for what feels like an eternity. It's kind of nice for the first hour and then it just starts to feel like hell. I hear footsteps coming down the hallway before the others burst through the door, like always. All apart from seven who would rather go and practice her instrument after missions. Five makes his way over and lies down on my bed behind me with a sigh of clear exhaustion, one sits next to me, two, three, four and six all sit on the carpeted floor around the bed, ready to tell the story of their mission which I'm always happily listen to. I often choose not to use my ability to watch other people's memories during this as I much prefer to see how happy the success makes them all, they get so enthusiastic when telling these stories and I can sense their happiness. I feel their emotions.

Eventually it's just one, two and five sitting with me, we talk about abilities constantly and they enjoy demonstrating a few of them, using each other as test dummies at some points. One and two left after about an hour of this, leaving who I consider to bee my best friend in this house and me alone.
"So how was your-" Five begins before I cut him off.
"Why are you sad?" I ask quickly.
"I thought I asked you to stop using that on me.." He responds, attempting to avoid the question.
"I'm sorry. Five you know I can't help it sometimes, I detect strong emotions more easily. Please don't avoid the question..."
"I- I'm just sick of it." He says quickly.
"Sick of what?" I lie down next to him and look at him.
"Sick of this place, being told what to do all the time. I mean, I enjoy the missions but I can't help but wish that you were there with us. Why do you always stay here? Why don't you disobey?"
"Look, we both know I can't do that. He threatened me anyway. I want more than anything to go on missions with you all and I know that I can control what I do as you all can but for some reason he won't let me. He calls me dangerous and when I complain he ignores me. Sometimes I think I'd be better off just being normal. You want to know what I do when you aren't here. I stare at the clock on the wall or I play the piano or I train. Every time and I'm so bored of it. Sorry." I sit up after saying this. He copies my actions and hugs me.
"I'm sorry. You shouldn't be. There has to be a way to persuade him.."
"Trust me five, I would do anything. I just really don't think I'll ever be allowed."
He sighs and lies back down.
"We'll find a way. I'll talk to the others."
"Thanks five."
"Right, I'd better go to bed. Goodnight eight."
"Night five." I say sad he walks out of the room towards his own. I lie back on my bed and smile. They're the best, all of them. They try so hard to get me out there with them, every one of them cares. We're all more like friends than brothers and sisters and obviously none of us are actually related. We're just a group of kids in very similar.. you could even say the same situation all apart from our abilities really.

After some time of thinking I drift off to sleep.

**the early hours**

I wake up to find myself in complete darkness. I reach out and turn on my red bedside light and look at the clock on the wall to find that it's two in the morning. I decide that instead of sleeping straight away that I'll get up and get something to drink. I step out of bed carefully trying to avoid the creaky floorboards under my old carpet. Slowly, I make my way down the corridor of rooms containing the others living here. I stop at five's as I hear a small noise from inside. I gently push the door open to find him sitting in the middle of his bed, with his knees on his chest. I close the door silently and go and sit next to him. I place a hand on his back and he jumps slightly.
"It's okay. It's just me." I whisper.
"Eight, what are you doing up?" He asks, his voice breaking slightly as he does.
"I just woke up, I was gonna get a drink and heard you. Are you okay?"
"I'm fine. Just a nightmare." He responds.
"Another? I swear this is becoming a nightly thing.."
"Yeah and it's always the same one. About those people I mentioned, hunting us all." Five explains to me.
"It's just a dream five. Try it to overthink it. Wow I'm a bit of a hypocrite." I say trying to calm him down a little, it works.
"Yeah, you really do overthink everything.." He says, laughing quietly as he does.
"It's both a gift and a curse. Means I notice things That others wouldn't but also means I worry a lot and end up staying up half the night thinking." I respond, still in a jokey tone but obviously telling the truth.
"Yeah.."
"Do you need anything from downstairs?" I ask him before standing up.
"A glass of water please." He says.
"Okay, ill be back in a minute.." I then use my spatial jumps to get downstairs as quickly as possible. The power five and I share. I then decide not to risk that. With the water and walk up the stairs. I get back to Five's room and hand him the water.
"Thanks y/n."
"Hey what's with that? You're the only one that still calls me Eight, it's weird hearing you call me by my name." I laugh.
"I've been meaning to ask you, do you prefer one of them?"
"From you I honestly prefer Eight. The others gave me the name y/n and I don't hate it but I like that it's our thing to keep the numbers."
"Me too." Five says while smiling.
"Oh, I find that after a nightmare it helps to go on a walk.."I inform him.
"Yeah, good idea. Will you walk with me?" He asks, sounding slightly nervous. Probably about having to walk on his own in the dark.
"Umm yeah, of course." I say calmly while standing up. I hold out a hand to help him up which he takes. We then quietly make our way outside. We step into the cold air when we realise we are holding hands. We quickly let go, I look at my feet as we begin walking around the vast area of grass. I finally look up to the stars, searching for any constellations that i can name.
"It's a clear night tonight." Five says, copying my actions and looking up.
"It is..that's Orion." I say while pointing to the sky. We stop, still for a moment before continuing our walk. After around twenty minutes we decide to head back upstairs. I lie down on top of my bed covers and Five lies next to me.
"What's it like?" he asks.
"What's what like?"
"What's it like to be able to do so many things but not be allowed to show it to the world?"
"It's not fun. I want to help people but I'm not allowed. It feels like I'm trapped. Like I'm in a prison cell with no idea when or if I'll get out." I attempt to describe the feeling to him. He nods tiredly and closes his eyes. I chuckle and do close my eyes too. It wasn't unusual for him to do this. I drift off back into a deep sleep.

Word count: 1446 (Doesn't include info at the top or this message)
The first chapter always seems to be the worst in my books. I hope you have enjoyed this so far and i hope to see you in the next chapter.