Part 2

**The next day**

A alarm rings through the house as it always does at seven o'clock in the morning for training. A sound I hate as it's identical to the one that tells the others that there is an emergency and that they need to leave for the next mission. I look over to my left to see Five lying there, somehow sleeping through the sound...with his arm around me. I gently move his arm off of me as much as I don't really want to and get up. I gently shake him awake.
"Morning Eight."
"Morning Five, remind me how you sleep through all that noise.."
"Honestly, I have no idea." He says while getting up.
"See you in training." I say not very enthusiastically as he exits my room.

I quickly change and run downstairs only to find that no one is training, they are instead all standing around talking to 'father'. He isn't our father, he payed for us. I'm not even sure that adoption papers were signed. Wouldn't be surprised if he just took some of us for the fame at the end. None of us are actually related and we work more like a group of friends which is what we really are.

I slowly approach the group.
"Come on, please father.." I hear Klaus say almost as if he was begging for something.
Allison has a mischievous look on her face. She wouldn't..
"I heard a rumour that you let Eight go on the next mission.."
She did.
"Umm guys, what's going on?" I ask, already knowing the answer.
"Eight, you're going on the next mission." Father said as he turned and faced me for a second. He then returned to looking down his abnormally large nose at us and ordered us to begin training.

After exactly an hour of work we went and sat down for breakfast where we had to be silent. We could do anything but talk. Some of them would read, others...Klaus would deal with his drugs under the table, sometimes a few of us did nothing but Five and I would always sit next to each other and pass notes. I can remember us doing this ever since we first learned to write. He passed a piece of paper to me with 'how you feeling?' Scribbled at the top in his messy handwriting. I smiled and wrote back 'I can't believe you guys just did that. Risky move' I passed it to him and he held back a laugh as he read it. 'You're happy though, right?' He asked me next. I responded by scribbling 'well I've wanted to join you since the first mission so what do you think?'
We quickly finished eating after this and got excused from the table. We ran back upstairs to Five's room and sat down.
"What do you wanna do today?" He asks breaking the comfortable silence we had been in.
"No idea. I'm too happy right now to think of anything I want to do other than thank you all a million times. This is actually the first time that I'll get some proper freedom. An actual chance to do what I've wanted to do my whole life." I answer while lying down in the middle of his carpet.
"Why do you always lie on the floor?"
"It's comfy so shush."
His response as usual is to laugh lightly and sit on the floor next to me. 
"What is it with you recently Five?"
"What do you mean?" He asks, tilting his head slightly. I sit up and say
"Your emotions are so complicated. Your main emotion right now is happiness but there is a sadness or longing deep down. I don't even know if you realise it yourself. Yes i am analysing your emotions again and don't complain, I'm doing it because I care about you."
"I don't know. I guess it's that I want to do something really badly but I can't because I don't know why I can't.. then there's the time travel thing. I want to do it because I can but I'm not allowed and I guess there is some risk in doing it. Are you not tempted to try to time travel sometimes?" Five explains to me, ending in a question that has an obvious answer in my mind.
"Of course I want to time travel but there are a lot of risks. Like getting trapped in the future or past or maybe even travelling to the end of time all together, like the end of the universe or something. It is a lot for the human brain to comprehend actually." A well thought out response here as I frequently think about these things.
"That's all true I guess. Speaking of the universe, the human brain will never even be able to imagine the size of it which is insane." Five says, changing the subject altogether.
"So true, also, even if we could measure the size of it, it wouldn't remain accurate for long."
We continue this conversation for a while. We do this all the time, just find a random subject and talk about it for hours on end. Suddenly there is a sound. The alarm. Overwhelming feelings of both nervousness and excitement fill my body as we all jump up to get ready. I use my spatial jumps to get to my room and grab the mask I've never had the chance to wear before. 'Mother' the closest person- well not person- to be even close to a carer or parental figure in our lives walks calmly down the corridor to check on us all before we do this. She comes to my room, smiling sweetly and wishes me luck before gracefully moving to the other rooms. We make our ways downstairs and towards the danger that will come on the mission ahead. 'Father' checks that we are all here and in 'perfect condition' -as he puts it- before we leave...

Word count: 1000
That's all for this part, I should be working on part three today. I'm trying my best to keep this interesting. Hopefully I'll see you all in the next chapter, byeeee :)