Part 16

Your point of view:

Five and I walk out and head towards a prosthetics company. We need to find the owner of the eye.
We enter a building consisting of a lot of glass. Maybe this was the pile of glass we found in the future.
Five and I walk into one of the rooms, Five holding the eye in his right hand.
"Uhh can I help you?" A voice from behind us sounds through the room. Five and I turn around slowly and walk a little closer.
"Do you know who this belongs to?" Five asks while holding up the eye.
"Where did you get that?" The man asks sounding mildly concerned.
"Why do you care?" Five sharply responds. I elbow him in the side as the man looks at us confused.
"I found it. At a playground actually, must've just popped out." He says in a melodramatic tone. I hold back a laugh.
"Please, we want to return it." I say to make this all more believable.
"To its rightful owner." Five finishes as we both fake a 'sweet smile'.
"What thoughtful young people." The woman sitting behind the desk says calmly.
"Yeah. Look up the name for me will ya?" Five asks rhetorically, I elbow him again as he is ruining our act of innocence.
"Patient records are strictly confidential. I can't tell you who it belongs to but what I can do is I can take the eye off your hands and return it to the owner. I'm sure he or she will be very grateful so.." The I guess doctor reaches out to take the eye.
"You are not touching this eye." Five says through gritted teeth.
"Now you listen here young man-" The doctor begins to say before Five grabs his white lab coat and pulls him down to our height.
"No, you listen to me asshole. I've come a long way for this. Been through shit you little pea brain couldn't comprehend. Just give me the information I need and I'll be on my merry way. And if you call me young man one more time then I'm gonna put your head through that damn wall." He says aggressively.
"Five.." I hold his arm and I sense he calms down slightly.
"Call security." The man says and the woman at the desk does just that.
"Fantastic." I say with heavy sarcasm. Five lets go of him and we walk swiftly out.
"Plan B?" He asks.
I laugh and respond
"Klaus is our plan B."
"We're screwed."

We drive home to find Klaus. I enter his room to see him searching for drugs.
"I swear y/n if you hid my drugs like you used to when we were kids I'll-"
"You'll what? Also, no I didn't take them. You probably took them all and don't remember doing it."
"I can't deny that sounds like me." He says while stroking his chin in mock thought.
"Anyone else smell smoke?" I ask.
"Yeah, it's Klaus' brain trying to work." Five finishes. We all laugh together. Jokes like this were constantly made when we were younger. The mild insult just makes everything so much better.
"Klaus we seriously need your help." I say after I stop laughing.
"Mhmm. What's in it for me?" HE asks immediately. He'd do anything for drugs or drug mone so I'm guessing five will say-
"Money." I was right.
"I'm in." He says instantly and we head back towards the building we just got kicked out of.

Word count: 586
Short again, sorry. Will make a longer one tomorrow maybe. If not on Friday I will write a load. Thanks for reading. We are almost at 20K and I just want to say I can't believe it, you are all amazing and thanks so much for all of your lovely and funny comments and support overall, see you next time byeee :)))
EDIT: correction, while I was writing we hit 20K... I can't even. You are all incredible and make me so happy. You all motivate me to write <3