3

2 months after breakup

"I'm sorry, the person you are trying to reach cannot come to the phone right now. At the tone, please record your message. When you have finished recording, you may hang up or press 1 for more options."

BEEP

"Hey Yugyeom it's Mark... please pick up the phone... I miss you buddy."

"Yugyeom! I have so much to tell you! I met this guy and I wanna talk and squeal like we did before... love you from your buddy Bam."

"Yugyeom it's Youngjae! I just got back from Singapore, it was so beautiful! Call me when you get this okay?"

The world seemed to become black an white, my happiness began to fade away, and my life became almost muted from everything around me.

The only things I did were go to work and then sit on the couch, holding a framed picture of me with a huge ass smile on my face as Jinyoung kissed my cheek.

It was five months before the breakup, it was in the middle of spring and we were in Japan, surrounded by cherry blossom trees.

He was happy, content with me. Now he's with someone else because I couldn't seem to make him love me enough. Did he ever love me?

While I was wallowing in my depressed state on my couch, I neglected to hear a few curse words, followed by something falling and then the sound of my locked door getting unlocked.

"Oh my god Yugyeom!" I slowly looked up, half responsive to meet eyes with Mark Hyung. I gave him a small wave and a fake smile, setting down the picture frame and pulling the blanket that was surrounding my body closer.

"I- Uh, I'm going to make you some American burgers, okay?" He softly called out, waiting for my slow nod before he padded to the opposite side where my kitchen was located and started pulling ingredients from the bag in his left hand.

We spent the night watching Disney movies while he made sure I was fed, and Mark Hyung promised he come by every day to make sure I was okay.

I really need to thank him for that.