9

12 months after breakup

My first reaction was to slam the door in his face, but my human instinct pitied him so I decided to grip the handle harshly and glare at him harder. "I said, why the fuck are you here?"

I watched him wring his hands before hiding them behind his soaked back. Jinyoung still managed to look amazing drenched and I hated that my mind reminded me how attractive he is.

"I..." He seemed to think of the right words to say as I blinked away my tears. I bent down and grabbed the fallen mitt and set it on the small side table next to my door.

"I miss you." It took me a second to register his words before I barked out a harsh laugh. "Bullshit."

Jinyoung huffed, shifting and I heard his shoes squelch due to the merciless downpour. "I do. I miss you."

Rolling my eyes I ran a hand through my hair to calm myself, the pissed off front now becoming real. "Look, I assume you've been dumped. And I'm not about to be some booty call rebound, so get off my property with your lies."

He looked genuinely hurt by my statement and I saw his lip tremble a bit. Jinyoung looked down defeatedly. "C-Can I atleast come inside and dry off? I'm not here to use you as a rebound." He paused and inhaled sharply making me lean slightly closer with raised eyebrows.

"I have nowhere to go but here." The words took me by surprise and I had to take a minute to process them. Finally giving in to his devious ways, I grumbled but reached out and grabbed his forearm before gasping and letting go.

"Have you not been eating? Why are your wrists so small?" I grabbed his hand instead to avoid the bony arm and left him to mull over my answers in the kitchen as I ran over and grabbed a big grey towel.

Walking quickly back to avoid my carpet getting ruined by Jinyoung dripping all over it, I handed him the towel and crossed my arms.

"Do you want tea, or have you found something better and more entertaining?" I hope he felt the harshness of my tone as I glared at him and his rain slicked hair.

Just when I was accepting fate, the rain brought him right back to my doorstep.