14

14 months after breakup

"This is the third time Jinyoung! Stop using my shampoo and conditioner! It's expensive!" I heard Jinyoung cackle and rolled my eyes, trying to dry my hair with my towel as I stepped into my living room.

The culprit was trying to contain his giggles, covering his mouth with his hand. It did nothing to stop most of the noises or the way his shoulders shook so I took the liberty to roll my eyes again, so he could see my annoyance.

"S-Sorry," He half assed apologized after calming down enough to speak. Why it was funny to him I don't know. I was about to give him a piece of my mind when my phone rang from the kitchen counter.

"You're lucky, you stupid shampoo stealer." I grumbled as I grudgingly grabbed my phone and hit the answer button. Jinyoung, ofcourse, bursting into a quiet fit of laughter again.

Surprisingly, he wasn't a bad roommate, sure we had awkward moments, but it wasn't... weird I guess. Well not to me anyway, my friends on the other hand, thought it was salt to my wound.

Speaking of friends,

"Yo is the leech still on your property?" BamBam asked, making me huff at him. "Yes, Jinyoung is still here. He has a month left before he leaves. You wanna come over?"

I felt BamBams annoyed face while he groaned out "I'm bringing Jackson." Before hanging up the call making me chuckle lightly.

Turning to Jinyoung, I gave him a fake smile. "The rats are coming over, I suggest you find something to do quickly, you have ten minutes before they get here."

I may have let him stay over, but he was still a reminder of what isn't mine anymore and yeah, it's been over a year, but wouldn't your feelings come back full force the moment they showed up soaking on your doorstep? No? Just me? Cool. Hence the rudeness.

Jinyoung just slowly rose from my couch and stretched, his back arching like a cats. I grumbled and walked over to my couch and shoved him out of the way so I could sit down.

"Make yourself scarce please, I want to talk to my bestfriend in peace."

Jinyoung barked a quick laugh and looked away to hide some emotion on his face. "You sure are some best friend."

White hot rage filled me and I stood up fast. "You shut the hell up before I kick you of of my house and you go homeless. You have no right talking to me like that after you dumped me for a dickwad. Fuck you. Get out. I don't want to see you until tomorrow."

Jinyoung was taken aback, his face said it all. He was just as shocked as I was by my burst, but I held firm and glared at him.

He raised his hands and slowly walked towards the door. "Fine. I apologize, I'll disappear for the rest of the day. Uh, have fun with BamBam I guess." And he was gone.

I slowly sank back down on the couch and put my head in my hands. "Good job Yugyeom. Now the last months gonna be awkward."

Boy was I right.

———
I thought I published this earlier, and I was about to fall asleep when I remembered it was still in my drafts lol.

Also go check out Cheyz15 new book! The prologue is out!