11

12 months after breakup

"So, explain."

Jinyoung sighed and sat across from me, changed into his pants and my hoodie and full from the pancakes I was going to eat by myself.

"He was sweet for the first few months, but he kept coming home drunk and if I didn't cook dinner, make sure his baseball was on and got him beer, he's slap me. So I quickly learned.

This is going to sound stupid, but the first time he slapped me my first thought was 'Yugyeom would never hit me" I nodded at his statement and crossed my arms before muttering "damn right I wouldn't."

Jinyoung rolled his eyes and continued. "Then I realized, I wasn't over you like I thought I was... I just found him more.. new I guess. I don't know. Looking back I shouldn't have done that. Anyway, I couldn't stop thinking about our relationship the rest of the night."

"Then, if I ever mentioned your name if we fought he'd slap me." Jinyoung looked at the ground and I clenched my jaw. "I slowly started realizing how shitty our relationship was, what used to be cute dates became just work and then half assed talking or sex and I started to miss you. And started to hate myself."

He then held up his wrist and I raised my eyebrows. "That's why my wrists are so small, I stopped eating regular meals, my ex didn't make me, I just topped having an appetite I guess. Then today, our anniversary, I couldn't take it, so I broke up with him, hence the bruises."

I hummed, glaring at the floor of my living room. I should vacuum soon. "Gye- Yugyeom," Jinyoung caught himself and blushed lightly before clearing his throat.

"That's why I came here, because I needed to see that you were alright, and my I say you looked fuck amazing with n-"

I stood up abruptly and inhaled sharply. "Stop. Don't. Don't continue that sentence. Look, I may be nice to you and make sure you're okay, but you have no right to come in here and flirt with me after just breaking up with your boyfriend and dating to show up on my door on this night specifically."

I whipped around to look at him, and his face looked shocked at the honest broken ness I portrayed as my eyes tested up.

"I spent a whole year trying to get over you. A year. Just when I was accepting you showed up on my doorstep like fucking karma. And maybe it's something about the rain, but when you showed up I ignored my heart lurching and made sure you were okay. So don't start. Because if you're here for pity and sympathy then get out. Otherwise my couch is open and you should know where everything is."

With my paragraph said and a shocked Jinyoung I spun on my heel and bee lined to my bedroom, quickly closing and locking the door before sliding down it and crying.

Why. Why me. What did I do? Why did he have to ignite the fire as soon as the last cases biting out?